Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Top 10 in 2010 and 2011 (Part 2)

Here is the second part of my favorite places list:

Number 5:
When I lived in Paris, I wanted to go here.  For some reason, the French love visiting this country... and since I want to be French, I wanted to visit it too.  The place where we stayed for four weeks, has a name that promises more than it can deliver.  JUST SAYING.  However, we really enjoyed the weekend trips we took, which were short flights away.
Rick's Cafe: from the famous old movie
One of places we where we liked to eat and hang out
My first time to ride a Camel.
Across this beach, you can actually see Spain on a sunny day.
The most colorful souks (or markets).
The best mint tea I've ever had.
Especially if you ask them to put the sugar on the side so you can add it to taste.
BTW, you can also opt to rent a car and drive to wherever you want to go since the National Flag Carrier of this country sucks big time.  JUST SAYING.

Number 4:
This is one of the places that I visited while I was on holiday to attend the wedding of a dear friend.  We were there for a week, and we were able to visit 2 cities.  I will be going back to this country for work soon and I hope I still find it as breathtaking as I did the first time around.
The best way to see the pyramids is by Camel
This place also has a lovely view of the river

I love riding on the felucca!
There are also many, many, many temples to explore
Our tour guide once told us, there were hundreds of temples in one of the sites we visited, but he was only going to take us through one, because if we wanted to explore all the temples, we would have to spend our whole lifetime there.  Al though, unless you're really interested in the history of the place, I sort of felt that if you've seen one, you've seen them all. JUST SAYING.

Number 3:
This is the place I love the most!  I lived here once, around 5 years ago, and ever since then, I have always felt that I was half a native of this country, and that's what I tell the world.  When unknowing people ask me, "Really, you're F-----?" I answer them, Mais, Oui!!!  I am F----- at heart... and sometimes, that is all that matters.  I was really glad when I had to attend a course in a neighboring country last year, because I was able to visit my adopted homeland for a weekend.  It felt just like coming home.
My home used to be a 15 minute walk away from here
They make simple food ah-mazing!!!
This seemingly normal croissant was crisp on the outside, and melt in your mouth on the inside.
It must be the beurre.
This place also has a lovely view of the river, quaint riverside stores, and famous old churches
View of the city from another favorite area of mine
Home of Mona Lisa and many great museums
But best of all, it's the home of Coco Chanel, Louis Vuitton and the  Hermes Birkin Bag!
Number 2:
This place is a new favorite of mine.  I just visited it recently and I just absolutely loved everything about it!  For me, it's my new Hong Kong.  The place where you can just go to for the weekend (it does not even have to be a long one), because all you're going to do is relax, and stuff yourself into a food coma.  Hahaha.
Home of Takoyaki...
Ramen...
Yoshinoya...
and the Glico man.
Lighted signs by the river
There are a lot temples and other sights to see too... in between meals.

Number 1:
I loved this place the most because it was absolutely beautiful.  The length of time we spent here, at three weeks was also just right.  It was just barely enough time to explore, yet not long enough to feel homesick.
View from the plane before landing.
I love how you can't tell where the sea ends and the sky starts.
I stayed in a room, where this was my view for three weeks...
It was beautiful any time of the day or night...
...including the few days when i was up at dawn!
At the southern most tip (or near there) of this continent
One of the many vineyards
Going on a Safari is a MUST Do...  except that it becomes a Been There Done That thing if you're not a morning or animal loving person.  JUST SAYING.  
On the safari drive, searching for the Big 5
The king of the jungle guarding his food for the week
a freshly killed buffalo
They also nice markets...

... and the food was really good everywhere.  You can easily have a steak everyday... and it was very inexpensive too. Unfortunately, I did not get to buy any diamonds, which this place is famous for, so i guess that's always a reason to go back. JUST SAYING.

Hope you enjoyed reading about my favorite places as much as I loved revisiting them!
Here's to BIGGER and BETTER places and things in 2012!!!
This is the best souvenir I ever bought.
From H. Stern, Rio de Janiero Flagship Store, Brazil


No comments:

Post a Comment