Monday, July 23, 2012

The Brownie Project

Sofia enjoys baking.  I enjoy snacking on homemade goods.

... and since we had a chocoholic guest, my friend Tiana, we decided to try out the Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix. We really love the Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookies so I wanted to try the brownies.

I am completely sold on Betty Crocker mixes... they are as easy to make as 1-2-3 and they taste really good (for the minimal effort) too.

You just need to put in oil.
(I used Olive because we ran out of Veggie Oil)
and Water...
1 Egg...
Mix around 50 times.
I helped a little, but the recipe says expect lumps.
I didn't realize that my pan would be too big.
One pouch is for an 8x8 square inch pan while mine was 9 inches.
We baked it for less time instead.
It came out quite nice.
Sofia was concentrating on cutting up her brownies.
It was a tad over-baked but it was nice and chewy.
It was so addictive, it was all gone in a few days.

After snacking on brownies, Sofia went down to play (and burn all the sugar she consumed!).


Sofia said this is what teacher calls the thinking look.
We found a lone flower that matched her shirt so Sofia was trying to pose beside it.
Complete with fake smile.
A close-up of the flower.
Sofia likes playing around our condo grounds.
And looking at the fish.
Thinking look again.

I think we're going to miss the simple things like this. Just Saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment