Friday, February 13, 2015

Once Upon A Time Thai Restaurant in Bangkok (from Sofia's Lens)

One of my favorite restaurants in Bangkok for Local Thai Food in a nice comfortable setting is Once Upon a Time, in the Pratunam (wholesale shopping) area. You can read my post on it here

You can choose to sit outdoors because they have a nice Garden setting, but we always opt to sit indoors because Asian countries are normally very humid most parts of the year.

Sofia's standard order is always Chicken Pandan since she's not really a local
Thai Food fan.

Since I love Thai Food, I told Auntie Celita she could decide what to order for us and all the dishes she ordered were things Ady and I didn't try on our first visit, so I got to try more things, and everything was really good.
Roast Duck Red Curry cooked with Pineapple Chunks
Super  yummy! I noticed that the curry duck is meatier because they put less
extenders (or veggies camouflaged in the sauce).
Vegetable Pad Thai which was also very good.
And super winner Crispy Catfish and Green Mango Salad.
Happy Lunch that cost us only a little over 1,000 Baht.
We even had a little duck curry and salad leftover for Ma and Pa to try.

Aside from the Chicken Pandan, Sofia's favorite highlight is the mini-museum or gallery in the second floor, where you can visit rooms of a traditional Thai home (I presume). Sofia wanted to play tour guide for Lola Celita, and photographer for this blog. 

Taking pictures is serious business for Sofia.

I must say, her pictures are pretty good. She even focuses on certain subjects, and her framing is good too.
She even took one of me taking the picture above.
Photos by Sofia's Just Saying, my mini-me blogger wanna-be.



Once Upon a Time is truly one of our favorite Bangkok eating places. just saying.


Once Upon A Time
Soi 17, Phetchaburi Rd, 
Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
+66 2 252 8629

No comments:

Post a Comment