Wednesday, July 3, 2013

SSC Shawarma and Yummy Soy Happy Lunch

Life has been quite hectic ever since my life started starting at 5:45am. The unfortunate thing is that unless I start driving myself to work, or change jobs, or home school my daughter, I have another 13 years to get used to this time zone.

Non-work-wise, this means I have from 6-730am to catch up on my blogging if my brain cells are awake enough.

Work-wise, it means that I get so much quiet time when I come in that I finish working through my email and to do list by around 10ish and I have the rest of the day for meetings or for firefighting.

Yesterday, I really needed a break, so I decided to step out to buy some lunch. Because I was craving for Yummy Soy and Shawarma Snack Center (SSC) I asked my driver to take me to Robinsons Place in Ermita. We used to go there for lunch before, when there were less eating options closer to the office.

The first place I looked for was Yummy Soy because I used to love their chilled beancurd (cold taho) that come in different flavors from when I lived in Singapore.

They have a stall on the third floor of the midtown wing.
Their assortment is simple. Soy milk, Chilled
beancurd or Slurpees in Original or Flavored.
They had so many flavors, I couldn't decide what to pick.
The lady told me best sellers are strawberry, hazelnut
and white chocolate.
Mr Yummy Soy with goodies.
I used to love the Chilled Beancurd in Singapore, so I got it in
Strawberry,  but I wanted to try something new so I got the
Slurpee in Original flavor.
The chilled beancurd is like cold taho, except that it doesn't
 require extra syrup as the beancurd is already lightly sweetened,
without being too sweet. Even the original one is really yummm.
The Slurpee is like having the chilled beancurd,
but in a glass. It's just like drinking  Soy Milk
with more body, and the texture is silky smooth.
I resisted getting more flavors to try because I just told myself, I needed to come back more often since it's fairly near the office.

Yummy Soy is at around the same price range as the Milk Tea places. The regular Chilled Beancurd or Slurpee is Php75, and the flavored ones are Php85.

Since one can't live on Beancurd or Soy Milk alone, I went to the supermarket next, to pick up a shawarma and some hummus. We used to go to this really yummy shawarma place on R.Salas street (also near Rob Ermita, but outside the mall), and they now have a small place at the supermarket with a few tables that were very full at lunch.
SSC in Robinsons Supermarket Ermita
They have a simpler menu, but all my usuals are available.
I ordered a Big Special Shawarma (Php75) and Hummus (Php90)
to eat with my excess Shawarma bread, to take back to the office.
If they go through this much Pita (and the day was half over)
Business must be really good.
It's quite funny because when I got my take out order, I opened everything to take pictures before I wrapped it up again, and the guy beside me couldn't help buy ask if I was planning to put up a similar business. Hahaha. No sir, I'm just a blogger during lunch break on good days. just saying.


Yummy Soy
3rd Level, Midtown Wing
Robinsons Place Manila
and The Fort Strip (besyd K-Pub)


SSC Shawarma Snack Center
Robinsons Supermarket
Robinsons Place Manila
Main Brach:
R. Salas Street
Ermita, Manila


No comments:

Post a Comment