Sunday, July 7, 2013

Chez Karine's Bacon Macarons

When I was raving about Pierre Herme's macarons,  a friend of mine told me to try Chez Karine's macarons in Serendra because the chef was rumored to have trained under Pierre Herme.

You can try it out for yourself, but here's my two cents worth.
At first glance, they don't look appetizing.
The macarons look malnourished and lacking in filling.
A closer look will show that they even display cracked shells.
Tsk tsk. (Green and Orange)

Since I was there anyway, I decided to keep an open mind and give it a try.
I bought the maple bacon and salted caramel.
I even tried to make them look pretty.
But the uneven shells are really made obvious by the
very stingy filling.
Taste wise, the maple bacon had real bacon and was very
flavorful, but the shell was crumbly and dry.
The salted caramel had a similar consistency but the taste was
forgettable at best. We let this because it wasn't worth the calories.


They also have Panna Cotta and Royal Pudding in small jars
which I've heard was good, I'm just not sure if I want to go back.
Chez Karine is a cozy place in Serendra,
Near Sonja's Cupcakes


In fairness to this place, the macarons were only Php50 each. Perhaps, if cost weren't an issue, it would taste better. However, if I were Pierre Herme, I would be outraged at having my name associated with this quality. just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment