Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Love Potion no.9 in a Pastel is CDO's best dessert

Every time I find myself in Cagayan de Oro (CDO) for work, I always bring home Pastel, the yummy soft bun filled with yema, that CDO is famous for.

During my last visit here, we discovered Missy Bon Bon, a cafe like pastry shop with pastel that I like better than Vjandep, the established brand, partly because the bun seems softer and the yema filling a tad more generous.

It was only when we passed the Missy Bon Bon stand in the mall that I realized they also had gelato.

We were so intrigued by Love Potion No. 9 we saw in the stand in
Limketkai Mall that we decided go to the main branch to try it.

I wasn't really hungry so I planned to just bum a few spoonfulls from my office mate to taste.
When I saw this poster,  I convinced my friend
to order one so we could try it out.
Guess how much this pastel gelato sandwich costs?
It's only Php35! And that's even because it's a premium flavor.
Cross section of a Pastel Gelato Sandwich
It's a bit on the small side so it was just enough for all four of us in the group to have a bite.
I purposely aimed for the yema side when I got my share.
The creaminess of the love potion complemented the yema so
well, we knew we had no choice but to try out more flavors.
I was dying to try the Peanut Butter Chocolate
Fudge. It's like eating a cold peanut butter
and Nuttela sandwich, but the yema taste was
a bit lost. This was only Php30.
We also ended up trying Sans Rival, Pistachio Sans Rival,
and White Chocolate Walnut, but nothing was as good as
Love Potion No. 9,that we went back for a second one.
We had a system where we'd each take a bite, then switch.
Sugar rush for everyone. 
This is after we had our fix.
Missy Bon Bon also has a huge pastry assortment,
Though I haven't tried anything aside from the pastel.
I can't wait to come back to CDO so I can eat more Love Potion No. 9 Gelato Pastel sandwiches.  just saying.


Missy Bon Bon
Rosario Drive
Limketkai Center
Cagayan de Oro




No comments:

Post a Comment