Sunday, December 25, 2011

Dear Santa, I want a blog for Christmas!

The title of my first post will tell you a lot about me.

1. I am a Santa believer.
Yes... even at this age, I still look for and find a gift from Santa under our Christmas Tree.

2. I have always wanted a blog.
BUT... I have always thought that if I were to think my thoughts out loud, I would get somehow get myself into trouble... So I have restrained myself.  Hahahaha.  So I aimed higher, and I thought I could write a novel in a year.  

This leads to a few other realizations:
> that I am not good at restraining myself
> maybe being too ambitious is NOT realistic

> So, a blog it is!  Let's see where my rambling thoughts online will take me... and where I can take you... my readers and followers (ooooh, I am so feelingera!) as Sofia and I travel and conquer the world!

Now, back to Christmas, my book and my blog.  
(yeah, i love saying it... MY BLOG, MY BLOG, MY BLOG!)

As we get older, it seems like it gets harder and harder to find presents for people.  Most of the people on my Christmas list are financially independent who usually buy what they need or want, so I have found that I really need to use my creativity to find presents that they do not know they need, or make them something that they will want to eat, and at the same time, show that we put our effort and love into our gift.

Likewise, I have heard my siblings say that I am very difficult to shop for.  So, to make sure that I really really like at least one of my presents, I get myself a gift!  (again, this has to be wrapped and placed under the tree)  Hahahahaha...  OK, fine.  That's narcissistic much, but then, THIS IS MY BLOG!

This year, after much window shopping and coveting everything I see in Kikki K. I decided to go into the store at Changi Airport Terminal 2 and I allowed myself to buy anything my heart desired up to $xxx. It was a brilliant plan!!!  I did not even reach my upper limit and I came out grinning from ear to ear (albeit running to the SQ lounge so I could grab my first meal of the day before I boarded the plane to fly back home to Manila).

My Loot
Intrestingly, I bought the 101 dreams journal almost by default as the other journals for well being and goals, were too target oriented for what in my mind was a non-work and the purpose is to relax and enjoy gift.  The key message that jumped off the page at me as I was very quickly browsing was that "the first step in making your dreams come true is to write it down".  As a sucker for cliches and cheesiness, I thought... Wow!  If I gave myself my dreams this Christmas, that would be the BEST gift ever!!!  and one of my follow-up thoughts were, maybe if I wrote it down, I would finally start to write the book I've been dreaming of writing.

On our way home for lunch today, my mind just started wandering about my dreams, and I started writing this post in my head.  I knew that my dream is on its way to being a reality.  But instead of jumping the gun into my novel, I will take baby steps... and this blog it is.

Join me, as I share our adventures, both past and present, of our life in Manila, Singapore and wherever the wind takes us.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!  Hope your Christmas was as good as ours :)

Christmas is LOVE. Especially with new babies in the family!!!
Welcome Luke Skywalker
Christmas is all about FAMILY.  The crazier the better.  Bring it on!!!
Santa's Elf  = Mommy's Little Angel

Sofia had a really good Christmas! She opened three presents that kept her too busy to open her other presents.
Ma's Turkey for Christmas Dinner makes up for all the Thanksgiving dinners I missed!


No comments:

Post a Comment