Friday, December 30, 2011

My Top 10 in 2010 and 2011 (Part 1)

Before the year ends, I wanted to do a Top 10 post of my favorites among all places I visited this year.  However, because of the nature of my work, I get to travel to one country for three or four weeks at a time, so it follows that I think of the places that I visit in that way too, clustered by countries.  So, due to this limitation, I have extended my Top 10 list to cover the last two years that I've been travelling for work.

My List is totally based on my personal experience and my point of view. My general criteria was "If given the chance, Would I want to go back?  Even if I had to pay for it? :)

To make things more fun...  I decided not to name the places.  I'll eventually write about them with detailed narrations.

Number 10:
This country has a lot of Cultural sights to visit.
The Grand Palace
A short flight away from both Manila and Singapore, you can easily decide to fly in for the weekend if you're craving some of their really good food.
Sticky Rice and Mango
There are also a lot of beaches that are a short drive (or taxi ride) away from the main city.
Beach with fine white sand

The shopping is always a winner!!!
As I'm writing this, I'm just thinking to myself... Why did I place this country last in my ranking?  I would love to go again...  as soon as I find a cheap ticket and a long weekend...  but then I guess, I placed it last since I've been here quite often recently (and my parents go so often, you'd think it's as near as Tagaytay!!!)... so I can wait before we go again.

Number 9:
The first time I visited this country, I vowed, I will never willingly come back! Fortunately, I had to go back for work...  which allowed me to see things from a different perspective.
Lovely view by the river
Who can resist the charm of staying in the home of a Royal Warlord?
And the food...  as long as someone can translate for you...  everything is really good!!!
Number 8:
This place is an old favorite...  I have fond memories of visiting my godson and changing his diapers when he was a newborn until he reached puberty... and then they moved to Asia.

The famous breakfast
I love the markets... all kinds of markets
I know their schedule by heart
The iconic red phone booths
Number 7:
Use your imagination.  I had to use mine, no thanks to the weather.
That is why this place is only at Number 7.
This place also has a lot of good markets too
Home of Pao de Quiejo, which are really really yummy gooey cheese bread
Known for cool parties, hot women, caipirinhas...
Cheers!!! I'll drink to that!
This is MY BLOG.  walang kokontra!
...and yummy Picanha!
Number 6:
I've been to this place, too many times to count now... OK, fine.  That's an exaggeration. However, I can say that I've been here more times than any other place on the list, and each trip, I still find something that I like...  So yes, it is higher on my list than the country in Number 7 --- only because, if I had a chance to go back, I would rather go here...  The flight is so much shorter :)
Center of Meditation in the South, with a group of French tourists in the picture
This iconic Mausoleum
Shopping was great... consistently!
This was in every place I went to and for all the trips that I've had.
I love their traditional outfit.
It really makes you feel so graceful.
I wore this to welcome my birthday.
However, just a caveat on this country.  If they tell you there are nice beaches... 1. unless you're in Goa, DO NOT assume you can wear a swim suit.  The locals wear their traditional dress... yes, the one I'm wearing in the picture above.  2. Do not expect to swim.  3. Do not expect to see a beach similar to Boracay... or even Laiya...  and you will be just fine.  So if you want to go to this place, just stick to the sights and the shopping and you will have a blast. JUST SAYING.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment