Thursday, January 26, 2012

TWG Macarons are To-Die-For

SINGAPORE SERIES

I haven't been to Ladurée for at least five years now. It's been that long since I lived in Paris, where Ladurée was one of my happy places as well as one of my must bring guests here to taste their divine Macarons places. If it weren't for my strong belief that someday Sofia and I would be living in Paris, I would probably be so despondent now. Hahaha. Ok, enough dramatics. That comes from the French part of me. Hahaha.

I was so happy when my friend Anna introduced me to the macarons of TWG. Until the time that we live in Paris again, I can make do with this to satisfy my Ladurée cravings.

A box of TWG Macarons from The Shoppes at Marina Bay
all the macarons are somewhat tea flavored
The display in the Marina Bay branch
They always package the Macarons in a nice box and paper bag.
Note to self: This is a great gift idea if visiting someone in Singapore
The first time I bought them I ordered one of each flavor, and I doubled the best sellers and the ones I personally liked.

The first time I tried it from Anna, my favorite was the purple one, until I knew what it was. When I realized that it was Grand Wedding Tea, Passion Fruit and Coconut, the Passion Fruit flavor that I loved about it was suddenly overpowered by the coconut taste, which I'll never voluntarily order anywhere.

When I knew we were watching Wicked, I started craving for TWG Macarons big time. Unfortunately, I did not realize that TWG would already be closed when the show ended so I had to keep on dreaming about the macarons without tasting them! Luckily, we found ourselves at The Shoppes at Marina Bay for Chinese New Year, so I made sure I ran to get my macarons to make sure that the shop did not close on me again.

I bought my macarons and took it with me to dinner

Since we have no guests at home, I told myself I should only buy a box of 6.
Two each of my favorite flavors and one each of the ones I sort of liked

It was Chinese New Year, so we ate the macarons for dessert. This may be translated to mean that I did not want to wait until we got home to eat them.
Sofia picked what she wanted to eat first, so of course it was the purple one. 
The TWG Macaron shells are really crisp and crumbly outside, but moist and chewy inside, with a thick tasty filling. That's why they're to die for.

I chose to go with this next, as a contrast to the fruity flavor of the previous one.
Napoleon Tea and Caramel
Tim didn't like this one, but it's my second favorite

This is what I like best now, I replaced the purple one with this:
1837 Black Tea and Blackcurrant
Super yumm...
In macarons, I normally prefer the tart fruit flavors

After sharing 3 macarons with Sofia and Tim, I think I was getting sugar overload.
We're saving this for a rainy day.
In Singapore, that's everyday. Hahaha.

TWG is my new happy place in Singapore. Quite ironic since I only do Take Away. Hahaha.
They are actually very famous for their tea, which come in hand sewn teabags. I'm not really a tea fan, but their macarons I really love. 

The macarons are only SG$2.00 each. For a taste of Paris, that's a steal. Just Saying.

TWG has many Tea Salon branches around The Shoppes at Marina Bay. They also have one in Ion Mall on Orchard Road. You can read about them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment