Monday, September 16, 2013

Sinfully good food from Main Street in McKinley Hill

Sorry I haven't blogged in ages. My day job took over my life, then flu germs from Sofia made me a zombie for two weeks (sorry if that's TMI), then the day job took over again. Excuses, excuses, I have a lot of them I know, but I'm back to blogging for now because we tried this new place on McKinley Hill and I must say, I enjoyed it a lot so I am already planning to invite family and friends to go back.

For full disclosure, I'll admit that we tried out Main Street because one of my friends owns part of it and it opened just a few weeks ago. I thought we were jut eating there to be supportive,  and I wasn't expecting to be impressed. (Dennis- no offence meant!)

We went for dinner after work, so with the bad traffic from Manila, all of us arrived starving. It's a good thing the starters were so good, we were happy to stuff ourselves with it while waiting for the others to arrive.

The deadliest dish we tried. Also the common favorite.
Pork Belly with Salsa Verde and Garlic Bread
The crunchy pork belly is chopped in small pieces so you don't even get a chance to remove the fat because it's easier to pretend that you don't see any. The salsa verde and garlic bread go really well with it that each bite is like an explosion of flavor (and fat!) in your mouth, you'll be immediately asking for Coke Zero to go with it. I think it would go really well with rice too, except I pretend I don't eat rice.

The Moules Frites (Mussels and Fries) is also very good.
Dunking garlic bread into the buttery white wine (guessing!)
sauce brings back memories of Leon's.
We also really enjoyed the Poutine (Chunky Fries,
Rich Gravy, and Mozarella Chunks).

We also ordered Main dishes, but I may have gotten full from the starters already because I only really enjoyed one dish.

Steak and Eggs on top of rice with herbs.
I think you can never go wrong when you put Steak and Eggs together. 

Main Street also serves homemade Ice Cream in interesting flavors such as Maple Bacon (but I found the maple taste too strong, pancake nalang kulang!), Smores, Maltesers, and Cookie Dough. A lot of my friends liked it but I honestly thought the Ice Cream was too sweet and except for the maple, everything sort of tasted the same. Give me Ben & Jerry's any day.

Overall, I enjoyed the meal and the company. I think their pricing is reasonable coming from some comments I heard, but I didn't really get a chance to look at the menu. I can't wait to bring my moules and poutine loving best friends and siblings to try it. just saying.


MAIN STREET
Upper McKinley Road
Taguig
https://www.facebook.com/main.st.restaurant

Apologies for the bad photos, I took the pictures with my tablet.



No comments:

Post a Comment