Wednesday, November 13, 2013

#riamiggyfina11y Tie The Knot

Ria is my favorite cousin to torture when we were kids! She's the second girl in our generation, and the daughter of my mom's twin so we virtually grew up together. It was a love hate relationship where one day she loves me, and the next day, she hates me for giving her a hard time, because it was just so much fun to do that. It's those occasions spent growing up together that I credit for why we are so close now.

Since I wasn't asked to give a speech at Ria and Miggy's Wedding, here are my two cents worth. (I hope it doesn't cause Ria to ask her Nuffnang friends to pull-out my ads! I hope she'll be so happy, she'll ask her Nuffnang friends to include me in some cool blogger events, but enough about me.)

Ria and Miggy met in college, and they have been together most of the time since then. The most memorable part of their relationship for me was when they were on a break, and Ria and I were both in London for Halloween. My cousin Jacob was still small then so we went with him to a Halloween Party. Since Ria and I did not bring any costumes and we were too cheap to buy some we decided to just go as each other, consisting mainly of exchanging our hand bags, and our jackets, but most importantly our personality, for that night. So Ria pretended to be the really cool shopaholic me, while I got to parrot her most-used phrases over the trip which were "but I really really love him" and "I miss him sooooo much", clearly referring to Miggy and getting back together. We should have known then, they would eventually end up together. We just didn't realize, it would take so long, but we're all happy that they are finally married. Hahaha! Cheers! #riamiggyfina11y

Here are some of the pictures I took during the wedding, of course you can expect to see my beautiful daughter, who was the flower girl, in at least half of them!

Miggy and Ria got married last October 13.
Reception followed at WackWack Golf and Country Club.
This was Sofia at home, ready to be flower girl for one of her favorite Ninangs.

We arrived at the church early, so I was able to take some pictures before the ceremony started.
Sofia with Taikong.
MOTB and FOTB
They look awfully happy this wedding is finally happening.
Lukey and Marky with looking dapper in matching vests.
My professional flower girl.
Sofia with Ninang Ads and Lola Celita.
Sofia with Ninong Jacob. Yes, he's the same Jacob we went
to the Halloween Party with, many years ago in London.
Jacob and his mom, Auntie Stell.
Sof with the other flower girls.
The flower girls and the coin and Bible bearer.
Yes, Miggy is really the Bible bearer. 
Just before the ceremony started.
The groom with his mom and brother.
The over-aged Bible bearer.
The bearer of the ring bearer and the ring bearer.
My little flower girl.
Uncle Boy and Auntie Ma
Ria was absolutely beautiful.
She kept on crying the whole time she was walking
down the aisle. Just like when we were kids. Hahaha.
The handover.
#riamiggyfina11y
I was given front row seats to the event because
I'm a blogger. Kidding! Ria asked me to be a reader.
You may now kiss the bride!
Everyone's favorite part of the wedding.
Congrats #riamiggfina11y
The flower girls bonded and found a way to entertain themselves during the picture taking with the couple in the Church.
The Family of the Bride
The WACKY Family of the Bride
Oh, I meant the pose. Hahaha. Though the adjective is also accurate.
Sofia and Mom
Sofia and Ninang
This is my favorite shot as the exit the Church.
But this shot with Sofia and the Newlyweds with the
complete Schepero Family Photobombing is cool as well.
The Tansengco cousins at the reception.
The WACKY Tansengco Cousins.
We were finally able to get a picture with the Bride.

Congratulations again Ria and Miggy!!! Hope you had a month of married bliss and a long life of the same ahead of you.
Live More. Laugh More. Love More.
just saying.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...thanks Atch! :D For the "speech" as well since it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. LOL!

    My favorite kwento about you during the wedding...There I was trying not to cry when suddenly from my right I hear a voice say..."oh, kailangan mo ba ng tulong umiyak!" ahahaha...thanks for making me laugh. :P

    ReplyDelete