Friday, May 13, 2016

Torched Sushi from Minami Saki by Astoria - It's the Best Sushi Ever

I like Japanese food as much as the next person, and I'm not talking about the people who are gung-ho for Japanese food. I think it's just okay. But I must say, I was very impressed when my brother took us to Minami Saki, the Japanese Restaurant by Astoria in Ortigas Center. If I'm not mistaken, it's where Santis Deli used to be located.


We left the ordering to him because he was paying, hahaha. But I know he ordered Sushi.
What we didn't expect was for the sushi to come out looking this beautiful,
and it tasted so good too.
The torched sushi was literally a burst of flavors on
your palate, with the yummy cheese sauce, melt in your
mouth fish, then the refreshing taste of roe and fruit.
The baked oysters in papaya was also popular, and works on the same
concept of cheese sauce that's torched, but I am really not fond of oysters.
We ordered this yummy beef and mushroom dish that was off-menu,
because we saw it from the table beside us.
Then we had the usuals like tempura.
and seafood fried rice.
The coffee jelly dessert was a great show stopper too.

Over-all it was an excellent meal where the torched sushi was clearly the highlight. I can't wait to go back and have one order of torched sushi just for myself, but then I have to tell them to make it all tuna. hahaha. just saying.


Minami Saki by Astoria
Ground Floor, Astoria Plaza Building, 
15J Escriva Drive, San Antonio, 
Pasig City, 1600 Metro Manila
https://www.facebook.com/minamisakibyastoria/

No comments:

Post a Comment