Sunday, May 1, 2016

Get your fix of yummy baked goodies from the newly opened Bellefleur by Beatrix in Greenhills

Beatrix, the maker or should I say baker behind the yummy pastries of Bellefleur by Beatrix, has been a popular home baker for several years now. I remember blogging about their Lemon Meringue Cupcakes in 2013, which you can read about here.

Since then, I've seen their posts on Facebook of beautiful cakes, cupcakes, breads and other treats, and they look so yummy they make me drool. I am so happy they finally opened a shop in Greenhills, at the newly opened 8 Missouri complex near Chili's and Starbucks, at the same complex where Craft, the popular new Ice Cream place, Dohtonbori and Shrimp Bucket is located. It's just so much easier to go to a shop and see what's available then to order from a home baker.

My sister brought home a selection of goodies last weekend, but I was so excited to see what they were selling that I also passed by on my way home from work to see for myself what I they had.

I was so happy to meet Beatrix the baker for the first time,
because I love the stuff she bakes.

They have a well curated selection of goodies, and while we haven't tried everything yet, we do have some favorites.


Cupcakes
We absolutely loved the Dark Chocolate with Sprinkles Cupcake. The combination of the icing and moist dark chocolate cupcake really hits the spot, because it's not too sweet.
The Cupcakes were Php70 for Individual Cupcakes,
Php60 each for Box of 6 or 12.
They also have Triple Salted Caramel Cupcakes (with yummy buttery icing)
and Red Velvet Cupcakes.
They also have a selection of not too common offerings and I must say,
these are things that will keep me coming back for more.

Maple Bacon Cinnamon Bun (Php90)
I was intrigued by the thought of Bacon in a Cinnamon
Bun because I can't resist anything salty-sweet that is
pulled off well.
I had it for breakfast at work the next day and I loved how a full strip of
bacon was coiled into the bun. I started allocating it to have some bacon
with every bite. Yumm...


Pull-Apart Soft Load (Php100)
I bought the Pull-Apart soft loaf for my daughter because she loves
soft bread, but I ended up eating it myself. Hahaha.
This was my breakfast in the car, 2 days after. The bread was still soft.
but I lightly toaster it to melt the truffle cheese that I topped it with.
Another clear winner! I think this will also taste good topped with strawberry
jam for another salty-sweet win!

Smores Brownies (Php60)
Another favorite of ours is the Smores Brownie. We love eating this for dessert, because we just remove the paper, put it on a plate, pop it in the microwave for around 30 seconds (or until the marshmallow starts to expand), and Voila! You have a freshly baked dessert of semi-gooey marshmallow on a warm moist brownie that sits on a yummy graham cracker crust.   


Calamansi and Cheddar White Chocolate Chip Cookie (Php50)
This one was such a winner that I ate it all, so I had no photos for the blog, then I craved for it, so I had to ask my sister to pass any buy us more. It's a big chewy cookie, where the calamansi provides a refreshing twist that's not too strong to be considered tart, and the cheddar bits are a pleasant chewy surprise that balance the white chocolate chips.


It was nice meeting the Bellefleur crew when I dropped by.
Hello Carol, Kim and Beatrix :)
I loved my goodies, thanks for letting me into your shop for the photo op.

Their prices are very reasonable, because the quality is good.  Though keep in mind that they don't have any seating, so you can buy your dessert to enjoy at home, or wherever you plan to grab coffee. 


I can't wait to go back for more smores, and dark chocololate cupcakes, and maple bacon cinnamon buns, (because I already have more cookies) and I want to try more stuff too of course.  Good thing, Bellefleur by Beatrix is on the my way home from work. just saying.


Bellefleur by Beatrix
8 Missouri St, San Juan, 
1503 Metro Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment