Friday, September 30, 2016

Korean BBQ with CHEESE at SEORAE

I may no longer live in Singapore, but I'd like to think I'm still updated on trends... especially when it comes to food trends. Hahaha. I recently came across an article on Her World Magazine which feautured BBQ Grill places which have added cheese to their menu. I immediately told Tim (and Jackie) I wanted to try!

They had quite a long list of restaurants with Thai Mookata Places, Hot Pot places and Korean BBQ Places. My top pick to try was the Korean place, especially since there was one easily accessible in Plaza Singapura.

SEORAE Korean BBQ
They don't accept reservations so best to arrive around 7:00pm to get a table for dinner without waiting, but they will only seat you if your party is complete.
Drool...

I was really looking forward to trying it out that I was even telling my colleagues about it when we were in Thailand for a meeting. I must have done such a good job in describing it because when we saw the Thai version at SanSab at the Terminal 21 Mall, it became the obvious choice for where we were having dinner.
We opted to get the Seafood Set.
And it was good enough... except that my two colleagues had issues
with their tummies after... which may be due to the lemon grass drink
which I didn't touch.
Anything with cheese is good, so it's not really saying
a lot.

My officemate was clearly craving for Korean Food because we had Korean BBQ and Bulgogi (I must say it was quite authentic), but pricey as well for Bangkok. I'm not sure what the name of the restaurant is, but it's one of the busy ones in the Korean complex on Sukhumvit Soi 12.
I totally forget to take a picture though, but when in Bangkok, don't forget to try the Mango Bingsoo. They use fresh Thai Mangoes for the Korean Shaved Milk Ice Dessert, so it's even better than it normally is when eaten anywhere else in the world.


Now back to the topic at hand... my Seorae experience in Singapore. Well, let me just say that it was definitely better than all the meals I had leading up to it!

You can order separate dishes for grilling, but they do have set menus that make it easier to order. We opted to go for the Beef Set Menu (SG$92++) which they said was good for 2-3 pax with cups of rice, and unlimited sides and Refillable Barley Tea.


Everything in the photos is included in the Beef Set, Spicy Soup Included.
My favorite side dishes were the cheese (add SG$2) and the scrambled eggs
which can be refilled up to 3 times, which is just right for a group of 3.
Scrambled eggs are pre-mixed in the kettle, then they
just pour some when it's time for a refill.
Cheese!!!
The servings are generous and even if we were all starving, the food was
more than enough for us.
Cheers to good friends! and a good dinner!
The carnage.
Jackie even recognized the Korean Actor.
Me, I'm just in it for the food.
Come early if you don't want to queue.

An added bonus is it's close enough to walk to Orchard Central, so you can even have Lady M Crepe Cake for dessert.

Which is what we did, as if a filling Korean Meal wasn't enough. hahaha. just saying.


Seorae Korean Charcoal BBQ
Plaza Singapura #02-01
68 Orchard Road
Singapore


SanSab Thai Restaurant
L5, 5008, Zone San Francisco, 
Terminal 21, Soi Sukhumvit 19, 
North Klong Toei, 
Bangkok 10110, 
Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment