Saturday, March 12, 2016

ABC Brickworks Hawker Center near Alexandra Road

One of my favorite things about staying at Park Hotel on Alexandra Road, aside from it's proximity to the office, Anchorpoint Outlet Mall and Ikea, is that it has a very popular hawker center just a block away. 10 minutes on foot to good food max, and if it's crowded or hot, you can order it to take away and eat it in the comfort of your hotel room.

It's unfortunate I never heard of ABC Brickworks when I lived in Singapore.
In fact, it was a taxi driver who told me about it on one of my recent work trips.

We checked it out when I was with Sof and Yaya because I wanted them to have a lot of options without having to go far.
They have a very popular Roast Duck stall.
The lines are always long, and the duck is always good.
Sof and I can finish half a duck by ourselves.
Seriously.
We love their duck so much, we are there so often, the Aunty vendor knows me already! She even asks why I have not been back in a while. (uhmmm... maybe because I live in Manila. Hahaha)

They also have a Boneless Hainanese Chicken which I've never tried,
which is only my to eat list. It just always gets trumped by the duck.
And the carrot cake (which is also called raddish cake in the Philippines)
is also so yummy!
Cooked in egg, with the sweet black soy sauce, and some chili to taste.

Interestingly, across the street from ABC Brickworks Hawker Center - more directly across Park Hotel (Alexandra Road), is another ABC Hawker Center, also known as Alexandra Village Food Centre.

This one has a good spread of the traditional Zi Char food.
The Salted Egg Prawns and Sambal Kangkong came from the busiest place
in the corner (on the last row).
The Satay also looked good so we got some and it
was. SG$6 for 10 sticks.
The Char Kway Teow from this stall is also good.
They can give the old Chinatown Food Street Stall a run
for their money... but since they deteriorated a lot,
there is no longer any contest.

Definitely my new favorite Hawker Centers... with something like this so near, I no longer need to go to Maxwell Food Center for my hawker fix. just saying.


ABC Brickworks Food Centre
6 Jalan Bukit Merah, 
Singapore 150006


Alexandra Village Food Centre
120 Bukit Merah Lane 1, 
Singapore 150120

No comments:

Post a Comment