Friday, July 1, 2016

Keng Eng Kee for Salted Egg Prawn where the Singapore locals eat

I love all things salted egg, so when I was in Singapore and one of my friends from work asked if we had tried Keng Eng Kee, the go to place of the locals for Salted Egg Crabs, Salted Egg Prawns and Coffee Spare Ribs, I had to try.

It was just an added bonus that it's actually located near the HDB complex across our hotel so it was very convenient to go to.

The main Keng Eng Kee location is actually open air, with a hawker (food court) set-up, but they do have an air-conditioned area with a few tables where you can eat if there are free tables, or you can call for a reservation if you want to make sure you have space here.  

Since it seemed like this was the local go to place for favorites you normally
order from Jumbo, we ordered Salted Egg Prawns, Char Kway Teow,
Sambal Kang Kong and Black Pepper Beef (not recommended).

I must say, definite Two Thumbs up for the following dishes:
Loved the Char Kway Teow. This was definitely better than the what used to
be my favorite place in Chinatown Food Street after the quality deteriorated.
The Salted Egg Prawns were definitely drool-worthy!!! The sauce was the
perfect consistency of rich and creamy. Don't forget to ask them to de-shell
the prawns when you order.
With my office mates who love Salted Egg just as much as I do.

In addition to the food, the other great thing about this place is the price! I think our bill was only SG$63, for four dishes, rice and drinks, more food than what 3 people can eat. It's really good value because I'm sure that if we ordered the same at Jumbo, we would end up with a bill that would be a hundred dollars or more. I can't wait to come back, have more salted egg prawn and next time try the coffee spare ribs instead of the black pepper beef which I will just stick to ordering in Jumbo instead. just saying.


Keng Eng Kee Seafood
124 Bukit Merah Lane 1, 
#01-136, Singapore 150124
+65 6272 1038

No comments:

Post a Comment