Saturday, July 23, 2016

The best Salted Egg Croissants in Singapore from Antoinette

Since I only get to satisfy my Salted Egg Cravings when I'm in Singapore, I was totally willing to try a new place and try what has been written up as the best Salted Egg Croissant in Singapore... even if it means having it for dinner!

The Salted Egg Croissant craze has landed in Singapore and Antoinette has consistently topped the best list. Antoinette looks like a french tea salon, with a local twist, especially when it comes to their filled croissant offerings. 
They have a selection that includes Charcoal Kaya, Chili Crabs, Matcha,
Four Cheese, Salted Caramel, Chocolate, in addition to the Salted Egg they
are famous for ranging from SG$6-7.50.

Ambiance-wise, it looks and feels like they are going for the Ladurée peg.


Antoinette Salted Egg Croissant Review
Size wise, I must say the croissants are impressive, as they are even longer
than my hand.
Hi, I'm Coley. I am a Salted Egg Addict.
If there's one thing I can say about this croissant, it's that the croissant
quality is definitely superior. It's light, buttery and flaky, just like a croissant
is supposed to be... then add in the savoury salted egg filling and you
definitely have a winner. I can understand why this tops the Best List.

What separates Antoinette from the rest, is they have tweaked the Salted Egg filling to be more savoury and compliment the croissant.
Other croissants just use the same filling that you can find in the Salted
Egg Bun (which is really good at Changi Airport by the way) that is more
on the sweet side.

I also need to say that the croissants of Antoinette (even the croissant-ends where there is no filling) are definitely a world away, quality-wise to what Tiong Bahru Bakery offers, which ironically is a place famous for their croissants. I'm not sure if Antoinette sells plain croissants, but that would also be something to look forward to.

Since I was crazy enough to have the Salted Egg Croissant for dinner,
our spread was a bit weird. 
We had the Poached Eggs with Red Wine Sauce (SG$17.50) from the all day
breakfast menu. I've been craving this since our Paris trip and I was
very happy to know I don't have to cross continents to get my fix. 
Tim and I ordered steak (SG$36) to share which was pretty good.
Then Tim ordered Blinis (SG$18), or a savoury thick pancake with bacon and
a creamy mushroom sauce. I found it weird, but it tasted so buttery that it kind
of grows on you, but I wouldn't order it again.
Thanks Tim for humoring my food cravings and weird dinner combinations.
Next time I think I want to try their salted egg cheese tarts too!
Antoinette should definitely be the go to place in Singapore for croissants... and not just the Salted Egg filled ones, though they are definitely the best. just saying.


Antoinette
30 Penhas Rd, 
Singapore 208188

No comments:

Post a Comment