Saturday, October 22, 2016

Salted Egg Cheese Tarts to die for from Antoinette in Singapore

I've previously written about Antoinette in Singapore, because I agree with everyone who says that they have the BEST Salted Egg Croissants ever! Even better than the original. They actually have good classic French food too. You can read my post on that here.

I think we were so full during that dinner, I didn't get a chance to try their Salted Egg Cheese Tarts, but I vaguely remember wanting to try them too. Fortunately, as I was walking out of Mandarin Gallery, I literally stumbled on the Antoinette branch there, in fact, I had already forgotten that they have one, so even if I was again full... I took it as a sign and I bought one Salted Egg Cheese Tart to go.

It looks quite similar to Bake... But the crust is so much
better. since it's phyllo or puff pastry, the same thing
their famous croissant is made of. The secret is really in
how generous you are with butter in between the sheets!
I had it for midnight snack with my purloined tea from the SQ lounge.
Yum!!! Too thumbs up for the mostly cheese tart
at first bite! Better than Bake IMHO.
The second bite was just heaven, with the explosion of
salted egg lava... that went so well with the cheese.

I am definitely a plan. Next time I go back, this is definitely worth hoarding to carry home to Manila. (which by the way, I was too lazy to do for Bake.) just saying.


Antoinette at Mandarin Gallery
333A Orchard Road, Mandarin Gallery, 
#02-33/34, Singapore 238897 
Hours: 11am to 10pm daily 
(Last order - 9.30pm)
Telephone Number: (65) 68369527
*Reservations not accepted at this outlet

No comments:

Post a Comment