Friday, May 12, 2017

CUT by Wolfgang Puck in Marina Bay Sands

I love impromptu meet-ups, and that is exactly how I got to try CUT by Wolfgang Puck on one of my work trips last year. Reservations are required though, so if you want to pull this off, be ready to have dinner at 9:30pm or 10:00pm. Definitely do-able if you're flying in from somewhere else in time for dinner.

Thanks to the power of social media, Angge and I discovered we would both be in Singapore at the same time, and what better way to catch up than over a late dinner. She initially suggested eating at the hotel, but in Singapore where there are so many places to choose from, I asked if there was anything else she wanted to try and she mentioned CUT, which I also have never tried, so I was willing to give it a go.

I remember calling CUT from the Singapore Airlines Lounge in KL and asking for a last minute dinner reservation. They said they could only accommodate at 9:30pm or so but since I wasn't even in Singapore, it was perfect. They even asked if we were celebrating something and we were... Angge's birthday dinner... though it just so happened to be a week late, but her birthday dinner no less. 

The timing was just right. It gave me enough time to check into the hotel, and search reviews for what to order, while Angge was shopping.

The bread not only looked nice, it was yummy too. But I guess that's what you get for eating close to 10:00pm... very hungry.
They also walk around with a bread basket in addition to what is served on
the table.

Angge and I ordered a steak to share and two sides, creamed spinach with organic egg and mac and cheese.
The steak was yummy, perfectly charred outside and pink on the inside.
It's just a bit weird that they served the steak as two pieces, probably
equally dividing the lean and the fat part is my guess.

Both our sides were rich, but I wouldn't have it any other way, though if you were a bigger group, you could probably order something else for assortment.


The service was excellent. We were offered dessert, but the server whispered to me that we didn't need to order anything if we didn't like anything on the menu as they were coming around with something for the birthday celebrant.

Happy Happy Bithday Angge!!!
Thanks for the friendship :)

I know this is many many months late, but then,
you can also count it as early for this year.


I also found the prices in CUT to be reasonable, as they do not discourage guests from sharing since their servings are big anyway. And I really love how well trained they are to celebrate with you which they inquire about when you make your reservation. I can't wait to go back. I just need to have a reason to celebrate so I get free dessert again. just saying.


CUT by Wolfgang Puck
B1-71, Galleria Level
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands 
(next to the Theatre)
Only open for dinner 5:30pm - midnight

No comments:

Post a Comment