Friday, May 19, 2017

Tien Ma - Yummy Taiwanese Food for a Steal

I love discovering new places in the Libis Area, especially since this is as far as I go when I need to drive myself. One of the new places we like is Tien Ma, a place that offers Taiwanese Home Cooked food at really affordable prices.

Tien Ma is located outside Eastwood, in the very first
location of Starbucks in Libis 15 years or more ago.

Tien Ma has a lot of dishes on their menu, but they are famous for their Xiao Long Bao, which at Php200 is a steal. Just take note, according to my dad, it's not as good as Din Tai Fung, and he's probably right, but at a fraction of the cost, I think it qualifies as good.

One thing I observed from our first visit, is it seemed that there was no dish above Php200 on the menu. Since it seemed on the cheap size, I remember ordering almost everything on it. Hahaha, and surprisingly the servings were quite big,
They also have Truffle Xiao Long Bao for Php240
but I'm happy enough sticking to the regular one.
(Sorry, no photo of that)

I love their Pork Intestine Misua. It's a steal for Php60.
And it saves me the plane fair of going to Taiwan for my
Pork Intestine Misua fix.

The Pork Chop is prominently featured in their posters,
and it was a shock to see it came with 2 generous chops,
with either Mince Pork Rice or Noodles. 

Sadly, it wasn't very good. Just stick to Din Tai Fung if you have a
pork chop rice craving.
What they have that's really good though is the Stewed Pork (Php200)
which is excellent with Cua Pao Bread (Php150). It's actually just the
bread that I think is expensive, but Sofia likes it, it's really yummy so it's fine.
Melt in your Mouth. 

I didn't really plan to blog about the place when I first visited so I don't have more photos. I remember their Hot Prawn Salad was good, but their fried dumplings (which was recommended in a lot of the reviews I read) were definitely not worth ordering again.

It's best to come in a big group, because when I come alone (hahaha, yes, when I have a misua craving), I need to decide if I want Xiao Long Pao, or the Stewed Pork and Cua Pao Buns because I definitely can't eat them all, even if I wanted too. just saying.


Tien Ma's Taiwanese Cuisine
184 Eulogio Rodriguez Jr. Ave, 
Bagumbayan, Quezon City, 
Metro Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment