Friday, July 21, 2017

TOMO hole in the wall Japanese

I've heard people rave about TOMO, the hole in the wall place in San Juan, which is rumored to have the chef of Sugi (which is no longer open in the Greenhills complex). We finally got to try it a few months ago and I wasn't really impressed.

It was very busy, and there was quite a long line. Good thing my brother and his wife, who invited us, arrived early and reserved a table for our whole group.
Timmy recommended the baked oysters, which were good, except I'm not
really an oyster fan, unless they happen to be exceptional.
We had the classics, Spicy Tuna Salad and some rolls.
They were ok.
The salmon tempura roll looked better, but I don't
eat salmon so I skipped this.
We ordered Beef Teppanyaki, and I think this was good
value for the quality of the beef, but unfortunately they
really failed with the seasoning because it was quite bland.

Good thing you can always count on Tempura to be good.

Over-all I think the food was just ok. I don't think I'll be visiting this hole in the wall again, unless my brother and sis-in-law are treating. just saying.


TOMO 
137 Araullo, Lungsod ng San Juan, Kalakhang Maynila
Phone: 0977 859 7622
Hours: Open today · 11AM–2PM, 6–10PM
Reservations recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment