Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Where to buy Khanom Krok or Coconut Rice Pudding Cups in Bangkok

I love Khanom Krok, the Cocunut Rice Pudding Cups you buy from street vendors in Thailand. The only catch is the street vendors are roving around, so it's not really easy to find them. A few years back, you could sometimes get them outside Central World in Pratunam, but recently, there are no more vendors on the street, so I was really at a loss on how to satisfy my Khanom Krok craving.

It's a good thing, I love reading magazines. On a recent trip, I was reading Lifestyle+Travel and they featured Thai Taste Hub, the food court of King Power Rangnam which features an assortment of famous Thai Street Food, right in Bangkok City, and accessible by BTS Skytrain too (BTS Victory Monument).

When I saw they had a famous Khanom Krok stall, the only place I wanted to visit during my last Bangkok business trip was King Power Rangnam. It's fairly accessible, you need to get off at BTS Victory Monument and it's a 5-minute walk.

A pleasant surprise you'll discover on the way there is the street is lined with clothing shops that are much cheaper than Platinum Mall!!! I wasn't really planning to shop, but since I also can't resist a good bargain, I ended up finishing my money the first time I went, and the second time I went back I literally had 24 Baht left! 

This is King Power Mall Rangnam. It caters mostly to Chinese tourists.
It has a giant beehive structure you won't miss.

I went straight for Mr. Pamuan Misin Kanom Krok,
but they will tell you to load up a card as you need it for
all purchases.

Khanon Kror is Love. My favorites are plain and corn.

It's perfect that I know where to find it anytime I crave for
it.

The only catch is I always have to bring enough money to shop along the way. just saying.


King Power Rangnam Thai Taste Hub
8 Rang Nam Alley, Khwaeng Thanon Phaya Thai, 
Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, 
Thailand

You can read the Lifestyle+Travel Article here

No comments:

Post a Comment