Friday, April 22, 2016

Char for Melt in Your Mouth CharSiew (Barbequed Pork) in Singapore

The last time I was in Singapore, in transit due to work, we had a late celebration for my birthday at Char. Tim and Fredy suggested the place, because according to one of them it has the best Char Siew (or Barbequed Pork) in Singapore. It's definitely not your typical red-colored Chinese Pork Barbeque.

We had reservations, so we were on our way to dinner,
right after my flight landed and I made my way to Tim's place.
The decor was minimalist, but they had cute paintings.

The Special Char Siew is ordered by weight (Minimum 300g at SG$6 per 100g).
You get melt in your mouth barbequed Pork goodness, and it's nothing at all
like the typical red char siew slivers served in Chinese restaurants.
I also ordered salted egg pork (SG$11), because I love anything salted egg,
 but this dish wasn't any good. Just stick to the Char Siew and you'll be fine.
We wanted a veggie dish to balance out the meal so we ordered the
minced pork casserole with aubergine (SG$14) and it was good, but a bit
too rich to go with the deadly char siew.
It was a great meal, but I think next time it would be better to stick to the more boring veggies like garlic spinach, kang kong or kai lan. (Next time, I will listed to you Fredy. Hahaha)

Thanks for celebrating my birthday with me Tim and Fredy.

Now, I'm not sure if it's just my imagination, because I am craving for some Special Char Siew, but I think I saw their logo at one of the new developments in BGC. If that's true, I am sure this will be one of our lunch favorites when we finally move there later this year. just saying.


Char
363 Jalan Besar, 
Singapore 208994
Open Tuesdays to Sundays
11:30am to 2:30pm

6:00pm to 10:00pm
For Reservations, please call +65 6842 7759 or email at reservations@char.com.sg
On Saturday and Sundays and Public Holidays, we have reserved seatings at 6pm, 7pm, 8pm and 9pm.  
http://char-restaurants.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment