Saturday, April 30, 2016

Only got a taste of Bali, Must come back for more

I had to go to Bali for work last month, and I must say, that short visit, just left me wanting for more. The timing was less than ideal, since it was just a few days before I had to fly to Europe. Otherwise, I would have been tempted to extend for pleasure. I've been to Bali before, close to 10 years ago, but if memory serves me right, I only got to visit the beaches.

If there is one thing that surprised me about this trip, it was the realization that Bali as an island was quite big. It's known as a tourist destination, with so much to offer. Just a trip to Ubud, in the mountain-side was already an hour away from the airport.

We stayed at the Plataran Ubud Hotel and Spa for the first few days of our meeting, and we were in this wonderful place surrounded by rice fields. I never realized how peaceful or how beautiful that would be.
Yummy Rosella Tea with Chia Seeds as Welcome Drink


The rooms have a nice view of the pool overlooking the rice fields.
View from the Room
View of the rooms from the pool.

They also have a smaller pool and a gym on the other side, again beside the rice fields.


I wasn't able to enjoy the hotel much, because I was rushing to attend a Silver Jewellery Workshop right after I arrived from the airport.
Make My Own Jewellery - Bucket List - CHECK
More details in a separate post.

We were also able to squeeze in a Balinese Massage. I don't remember the name of the place we visited, but again it was beautiful. We had our massage in huts, right beside the rice fields (again!) hahaha.

The Spa Rooms had a bit of a rustic feel to it. But it was very relaxing, complete with an option to take a shower after the massage, if you just manage to figure out which bottle is the shampoo and which one is the body wash. If you mix it up like I did, you'll just end up feeling like the oil is still there even after showering three times.


We finished our massage just in time to catch the sunset.


Another Bali Highlight, which I think I remember doing during my first visit was to have a seafood sunset dinner by Jimabaran Beach.

I am not really a seafood fan, but let me tell you that I think this was the best seafood meal I have ever had. Hahaha.
These clams were so good, I think I managed to finish a whole platter all
by myself.
Best Clams Ever. I think it was generously seasoned with Bango and Butter.
The food is not only exceptional, the place is very beautiful too.

Sadly, we moved to Nusa Dua, just in time for me to catch an early flight back home.
I would have really enjoyed spending time here.
This just means I will be back.

See you soon, Bali! That was a lovely teaser, but definitely not enough. just saying.


Plataran Ubud Hotel and Spa
Jl. Raya Hanoman Pengosekan, 
Ubud, Kec. Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia
http://plataran.com/ubud/

Silver Class at WS Art Studio 
Jl. Raya Silungan,
Lodtunduh – Ubud
wahana_silver@yahoo.com
info@craftworkshopbali.com
http://www.craftworkshopbali.com/

Grand Nikko Nusa Dua Bali
Jl. Nusa Dua Selatan, Benoa, Nusa Dua, 
Kabupaten Badung, Bali, Indonesia
http://www.grandnikkobali.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment