Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lemon Meringue Cupcakes by BelleFleur

To make up for my nega post on Banapple, I want to share something really good, you'll want to try it!!!

I read about Bellefleur's Lemon Meringue Cupcakes from another facebook post, but this time it was really worth all the hype and more.

Bellefleur's Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

I bugged my sister to buy some for me because I really want to try it, and when she brought home some, they didn't disappoint. The cupcakes we got looked exactly like the ones I saw. Just looking at it brings happy thoughts because this cupcake reminds me of a sunny-side up fried egg, plus I also really love lemony things like Lemon Meringue Pie and Tarte au Citron (lemon tart).

This is the PAUL version of one of my favorite French desserts.
Paris, April 2012

In addition to the resemblance to the pastries above, the Lemon Meringue Cupcake also reminds me of Boracay's famous Calamansi Muffin from Real Coffee

The cross-section of the Lemon Meringue Cupcake.
The Calamansi Muffin.
from Real Coffee, in Boracay.
February 2012

The reason I love this cupcake so much is because it a combination of three of my favorite desserts all rolled into one. It's an added bonus that the cupcake base is so dense (but it's not dry in any way), that eating a quarter of the cupcake is already enough to satisfy. That's 75% less fat than if you eat the whole thing. just saying. Hahaha.


The Lemon Meringue Cupcakes are a steal at only Php240 for a box of 6.
To order, you can visit the facebook page of Bellefleur by Beatrix here.

you should also check out their macarons.

No comments:

Post a Comment