Monday, April 24, 2017

Must Try Dishes at Samba in Shang at The Fort

Back to Manila. Back to Work.

Good thing I have a new favorite restaurant to go to, when I want to escape my life as a corporate slave even for just a short while.

We first tried Samba, the Latin American Restaurant by the poolside of Shangri-La at The Fort to celebrate my birthday. I liked it so much, I have already been back two times since then since they make the Best Tres Leches Cake Ever (and Ady also wanted to eat here for her birthday)!
Hooray for new birthday traditions.
Chips come free
The drink menu looks like a treasure map.
The food menu. I just noticed most of their specialties are seafood.

The dishes that come highly recommended are the Quinoa Risotto, and the Seafood Rice dish similar to Paella.
The Quinoa Risotto is so yummy, I made my friend order it, even if we
came for dessert so I could grab a spoon or two.
Their version of seafood paella is also good, but it tastes much milder
when compared to the quinoa.
Since I'm a carnivore, we ordered the pulled pork braised for many hours,
but I didn't find it outstanding.
My favorite part of the meal is always the Tres Leches Cake for dessert.
It even comes with Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, which other people
love but I can ignore, since I love the cake. So good with brewed coffee.

I loved Samba so much, I was back with Carlo for dessert after we went to
dinner. But yes, that's quinoa risotto for dessert.

We had dinner at Samba with the whole family for Ady's birthday.
In search of meat, we finally tried the Lomo Saltado. The off-menu kid's
version is much better. The beef is served on a bed of creamy mashed potatoes.
While the beef quality was good, I prefer how Cucina Peruvia does this dish.

We also tried the octopus which is excellent.

The whole fam bam...

Happy Birthday Shobe and Reen!!! They gave us 2 Tres Leches cakes, one
per celebrant.

Since our favorite dessert came for free, we ordered the dessert with
Guyabano and meringue and it was surprisingly very good.

It comes in a chocolate shell that you're meant to lift
and break on the plate... but not quite like this I think.
Hahaha. Super WTF shobe!!!

Voila! This is what happens to the dessert when Sofia happens to it.
Hahaha. It was good anyway.

After 3 visits in less than a month, I don't think I will be back to eat here so soon. But that's the bright side of going back to work. Best Tres Leches Cake walking distance. just saying.


Samba at Shangri-La at the Fort
30th Street, corner 5th Avenue, 
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, 
1634 Metro Manila, Philippines
Phone: +63 2 820 0888

No comments:

Post a Comment