Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Manila Peninsula's Chocolate Buffet

My first week back in Manila was great. It was quite an adjustment for me because I physically go to the office everyday now. Hahaha, I only worked three days last week, but then I'm a drama queen. (a first in almost close to 11 years of working, except for 6 months in Paris 7 years ago, when I went to the office everyday too - but then Paris is such a dream you don't realize that you even go to office!)  I go to office early now, because I need to drop Sofia off at school. While we both struggle with adjusting to waking up much earlier, having a driver and a blackberry has really made a difference because I don't mind the long travel time, I just sit back, relax, and use my social networking apps. 

I'm happy because the team I joined is fun. Some of my teammates are already very good friends, while the rest have been very welcoming. We celebrated my first day at work, among other things, by hanging out at the lobby of The Peninsula because my teammates planned on going for the first night of the hotel's special Chocolate Buffet which is part of their Swiss Festival.    

This is me after two days in my new job. Hahaha.
This is me with my super duper fun teammates.
We all look fresh even after a hard day's work because
they said my Canon S95 has a salon inside that makes us look good. 
The chocolate buffet only starts at 8:00pm (until 12:00am)
so I ordered Chicken and Pork Adobo for dinner.
Ad is my chocoholic teammate who had the honor of opening the buffet!
Anna told Sofia that we have always been teammates.
Friends from way back. Our kids are friends too. 
with Richard :)
My Nth serving of chocolate.
I was only able to eat a lot because it was really good to alternate it with the adobo.
The girls and the adopted one.
with the guys this time.
Richard and Jess.
Me with Jess :)

The Chocolate Buffet is available at The Lobby for the first two weekends (Thursday-Saturday) of August. They have two tables filled with different kinds of Chocolate themed desserts crafted using Swiss Chocolate. 

The buffet table with the Chocolate fountain.
The most popular dish was the strawberries and marshmallows.
Chocolate dip optional.
This was the other table with Chocolate Pastries.
This layered creation tasted very similar to a Chocolate Sans Rival.
I liked the Passion Fruit flavored one and this cup with berries and chocolate.
I lean more towards the fruity ones.
They had a lot of different cakes, but I didn't try these.
They also had raspberry brownies, something with orange, and macarons.
For the less adventurous ones, they have Truffle or Rocky Road Ice Cream.
My personal favorite was the Chocolate Bread Pudding.
It was really good with the Vanilla sauce.

The Chocolate Buffet is priced at Php680 per adult (around SG$20) and Php390 for children under 12 (around SG$11.50) inclusive of coffee or tea. I think even if I were a chocoholic, I wouldn't come here just for the chocolate, because it's a bit too indulgent. However, I would definitely come again as long as the company is good. The Lobby of the Pen is a very nice place to relax and unwind after a tiring day. Their a la carte menu is good too (the adobo was awesome!). Just Saying.

The Lobby of The Manila Peninsula Hotel

The Peninsula Manila
Corner of Ayala and Makati Avenues
1226, Makati City
Phone: +63 2 887 2888

No comments:

Post a Comment