Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dinner at Antonio's in Tagaytay

Antonio's in Tagaytay is one of my favorite restaurants. The only downside for me, is that it's quite far if you are coming from Manila, but the beauty and ambiance of the place more than makes up for it because it really takes you away from the hustle and bustle (and stress) of city life.

It's a well maintained old house with lush gardens surrounding it, that has been converted to a high-end restaurant. You normally order your main course, and it's served as a full course meal. Additional courses or starters may also be ordered.

Since I knew that we were eating in Antonio's, I tried to save my appetite and I avoided snacks the whole day. This made me super duper hungry when we arrived, so even though I do not eat oysters, I eventually tried it after ignoring it several times.

The Oysters with Truffle Cream were to die for.
It removed all traces of my childhood trauma from oysters.
Unfortunately, when I wanted more, they were all gone. Boo!!!
I was able to eat a lot of the Mushroom Starter
while I was ignoring the oysters.
This was our end of the table,
we had a picture break while we were waiting for more food.
Sherwin and the girls who were trying to make up for leaving him.

The courses that came with our order of main course include house salad, soup, dessert and dalandan juice.
The house salad had a berry vinaigrette dressing, candied walnuts,
dried berries, stinky cheese and a very bitter leaf (the vein-y one).
The mushroom soup was ok, because it was light and not too heavy.
Sadly, at this point of the meal, we started to get full because the service was leisurely paced, more suited for romantic dates, but not that apt for a group of hungry people. Hahaha.


Din and I ordered different dishes.
Din had the healthier Sea bass Dish.
I had the heart attack on the plate.
I ordered Duck Breast with Foie Gras,
and what a big serving of Foie Gras that was!
Then there was the added bonus of Steak in the middle for sharing.
The oil was still bubbling when it was served.
I really had to make tough decisions with regards to my stomach space, so I had most of the Foie Gras, together with a big slice of steak, but had to sacrifice the duck breast because I could only eat some of it.

The capped off the meal with Tartuffo, Italian Ice Cream.
This was very rich so I only had a bite.

After a lot of chatting, we had the left over steak heated and we started picking on it for Round 2.
Hahahaha. Seriously. I even ate a few bites again because it was so good.
Cutting up the steak in bites for Round 2.

I didn't take much pictures of the place because I was too lazy to walk around.
This is the view from where we were seated.
There is also dining areas outside and in the second floor.
I also took a picture of the toilets.
Two can go at the same time, but I guess you need to be
really close to each other to do that.

I've heard that Breakfast at Antonio's is now located at the back of the main restaurant. I can't wait to try that place out next time we're in the area. just saying.


Antonio's 
Purok 7niogan, Cavite
Visit their website for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment