Friday, February 22, 2013

The Cake Club's Foie Gras Macaron = Pure Bliss

I love Foie Gras.
You can read through my ode to Foie Gras in different places in this archive.

I love macarons too.
They remind me of Paris and they are the perfect delicate dessert when you need to be cheered up.
In Singapore, I loved TWG macarons. They are also available in the Philippines, but for some reason, my sister and I think the TWG macarons in Singapore are better.

To me, just the thought of combining Foie Gras and Macaron is heavenly!
My aunt surprised us the other day with two pieces of macarons that were not that much too look at, though they were big in size. As soon as she brought it out, I knew that it for her to go to the trouble of bringing home macarons for us (She is our guest from the States, so it's normally us who brings her food to try), it has to be something extra special, and I was right, because she brought us two Foie Gras Macarons (as soon as she tried them when she met her friend for coffee, she ordered the rest of what they had to bring home for us because it was so good.- Wheeeeee! Thanks Auntie Celit!).

Foie Gras Macarons from The Cake Club by Diamond Hotel

I have never been to The Cake Club, but after tasting these deadly yummm treats, I want to go!

The cross section of the Foie Gras Macaron.

The macaron shell is crisp on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside. It's a little bit sweet, but it brings our the savoury tones in the Foie Gras very well. As you can see from the picture, they didn't scrimp on the Foie Gras, so you get to taste it in almost every bite (a bit more faint on the edges).

Diet Portion.

If you are health conscious, a fourth is actually enough to hit the spot. I just channel my French roots and tell myself to only eat a portion Ok fine! I ate close to three fourths!, and savour it, because that's why French Women Don't Get Fat (book by Mireille Guiliano). just saying.


The Cake Club by Diamond Hotel
UG/F Bonifacio High Street Central, East Superblock, 7th Ave cor 29th St
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
(02) 621-3176


TRIVIA: Do you know that the 20th of March is World Macaron Day? You can read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment