Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Hello Kitty Cafe

I've previously blogged about my Re-Ment Love Affair.
You can read about how it started here.

The Hello Kitty Cafe is my love child! Look at how adorable kawaii it is. 

The Hello Kitty Cafe:
Where western treats meet Japanese sweets.

I finally had time to tinker with my toys from Japan and I also found the perfect display case for my Hello Kitty Conveyor belt sushi. 

I displayed inside a clear acrylic case.
It's actually my Nespresso capsules holder.

I also finally put together the boxes I got from the Hello Kitty Japanese Sweets Collection. I must confess though that since I bought random boxes, I already opened them before, just to see if I got any doubles. I was quite happy with the sets I got.

The sets were an assortment of Wagashi or traditional Japanese Sweets served during the tea ceremony to offset the bitterness of matcha (green tea).

The kebabs are dumplings called dango made from mochiko (rice flour).
They come in green tea, red bean and regular (egg) flavor.
The Hello Kitty bunnies in the box are mochis
Hello Kitty Shaped Taiyaki (fish shaped pancakes with filling)
and other sweets served with matcha.
Sweets in a bento box and matcha flavored sweets in a basket.

The highlight of my project, was opening my sealed box with the Hello Kitty Cake Shop sets.

If you buy a sealed box, you are guaranteed a complete set.
Sofia helped me open up my boxes.
Take note: She is wearing Hello Kitty charm bracelets she made.

There are eight sets in this collection.
Different Hello Kitty kawaii pastries.
A Hello Kitty tart and Cafe Latte.
Eclairs and Cream Puffs.
Strawberry Cake Roll, available also for take away.
Strawberry Cake.
Various cake slices with Strawberries for the Strawberry Fair.
There's also jello and pudding.
And some milk candy.
I think this is the odd one out, but it came with the set, so fine.
Each set comes with point of purchase materials,
that can be displayed beside the products.
I just used my category management skills from work and arranged
the western sweets at the bottom two layers,
so the Japanese sweets have space.
I allocated the top shelf to the traditional Japanese sweets,
with the baskets of sweets, tongs and milk candy on the counter-top. 
The display case (bought separately) comes with a secret drawer at the
back. This is where I put the in store signs which I might need next time.

I really loved playing with my new toys. I can't wait to go back to Japan to buy more but I really don't know what to do with it because the fun is in the buying. Maybe I can be a re-ment reseller... so I can sell them after I buy and play with them. just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment