Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Antonio's was great, Balay Dako was for the experience, Abe pa din for the OFW

I love Antonio's in Tagaytay. We don't really get to eat there often because it's far, and you normally reserve it for a special occasion. Thankfully, Highlands Steakhouse, our go-to for year end Christmas Lunch, was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, so by default, Antonio's it was.

Anna and I were the first to arrive so we had time to enjoy the place, and take some photos.





We also got to order for everyone else. Hahaha. I was a bit disappointed that there was no Baked Oysters. I remember the last time we ate here I was vehement that I did not eat oysters, and when I was finally convinced to try it, I loved it but then it was all gone. You can read about them here.

Gruyere and Portobello Souffle brings back memories of Le Souffle in Paris
You can read about it here.

They recommended the Scallop Tempura since there were
no Oysters and I'm glad we listened. 
The highlight of the meal was the steak, which we ordered to share.
Yum-meh!
Antonio's provides Soup, Salad and Dessert for everyone since we ordered the mains to share. We ordered pan seared foie gras to go with the salad... but ooops! it disappeared before we took any photos.



I love how they gave me a baby pink steak knife to match my things.

I can live without ordering their pasta. Next time, I'll go for more starters. Hahaha.


That was a great lunch spent with great company.

Dessert is either a very generous sampler...

Or chocolate souffle. We ordered both to share.

Looking towards a bright New Year!

After Antonio's, we visited Pete's house, until we were hungry enough for dinner. We tried out Balay Dako (The Big House) which is also owned by the same owner of Antonio's. I heard such great things about it that it did not measure up to my expectations at all. (Just look at what we ordered... so you don't order the same) Hahaha.




My favorites were the Batchoy and Chicharon Bulaklak.


In fairness to them, the food was ok. Not just great.
Good thing the company still was.

But let me be quick to add, Balay Dako has the best Piyaya ever... and Chili Oil too. You can buy it from their Deli. Now, it's up to you if you want to leave after that and eat elsewhere. Hahaha.

I kept measuring them against Abe.

When all else fails, Abe pa din for the best Pinoy comfort food. You don't even need to be an OFW anymore to enjoy it. just saying.


Antonio's
Purok 138, Barangay Neogan, 
Luksuhin-Mangas Road, 
Alfonso, Tagaytay City 4120
Phone: 0918 899 2866
Closed on Mondays


Balay Dako
Tagaytay - Nasugbu Hwy, 
Tagaytay, 4120 Cavite
Phone: 0943 264 1680


Abe
Ground Floor Retailer Area, Taguig Street, 
Serendra Complex Bonifacio Global City, 
Makati, 1208 Metro Manila
Phone:(02) 856 0526

No comments:

Post a Comment