Sunday, January 27, 2013

Banapple's Maple Pecan & Candied Bacon Cheesecake FAIL

This is a super duper delayed post, so I'm not sure if Banapple's Maple Pecan & Candied Bacon Holiday Cheesecake is still on the menu, but I really want to give my two cents worth.

During the holidays, a friend of mine who's now quite influential in the local foodie community posted about how good Banapple's Holiday cheesecake was. He actually had me at bacon, because I absolutely love bacon, and the only thing I love more than that, is the idea that it comes in a Savory - Sweet combo.

It looked good enough,
but the bacon did not look crisp.

During the holiday break, I was bugging my sister non-stop to eat at Banapple because I really wanted to try it.

Since Banapple is advertising their pies and cheesecakes...
I decided to try their Creamy Chicken Pie.
I had really high expectations because I was mentally comparing it to
my mom's homemade version, or at the very least it had to be at par with
Le Couer's turnover or French Baker's chicken curry version. 
It was so BAD, I only managed to eat this much.
The crust was heavy (not light the way good pastry crust should be),
and the filling was so shredded, all you tasted was cheap sweet mayo.
I had a migraine, so I was extra-sensitive, but still.
I also ordered  Grandma's Corn Chowder, they took forever to serve it,
and it wasn't much better. It also had a sweet taste,
but it was more palatable than the chicken pie.
My sister ordered Lasagna Roll-Ups,
because she said it's the only thing she likes on their menu,
but it was too carb-heavy for me,

We were really looking forward to dessert, because that's what we came for.
It's quite off-putting when you realize that the cheesecake they serve you,
is half cream.
and if you tried it, it's not the yummy whipped cream type.
It tastes very airy and artificial.
When we tried it, the over-all taste was of Maple Syrup. It seemed like we ordered Maple Syrup Cheesecake with some chewy bacon bits that didn't have enough flavor to deliver the savory-sweet combination I was looking forward to. Or maybe, I just had really high expectations. This cheesecake just didn't deliver. So if you're intrigued to try it, I suggest you just save yourself the calories. just saying.


Banapple Greenhills
Northgate Bldg., Connecticut St.
Greenhills, San Juan
(02) 477-2675
They have several branches, visit their website for more information.


The place looks nice and cozy, and the prices are very reasonable,
sayang lang, the food is really not good my type.

No comments:

Post a Comment