Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Sosy Problems

2013 is looking like a really good year for travel, and a really bad year for my bank account.

In February, we're attempting to go on a foodie weekend in Taiwan.
I want to eat Xiao Long Bao from Din Tai Fung.
And Pork Chop Rice also from Din Tai Fung.
Milk Tea
and Chicken Chop from the Food Markets.
Ironically, I am going to Taiwan to eat some of my favorite Singapore food because they all originate from Taiwan.


In March, I'm heading home to Paris for Holy Week. We're fitting in a stop in Florence so I can go wild in the outlet shops, rounding the week off with Easter in Rome --- again (we attended the Pope's Easter mass in 2006), but I'm flying home on Easter so I am not sure I'll catch anything.

In Paris,
I want to live in an apartment by the river.
and spend my time relaxing over coffee and croissants.
before we go for a really good lunch and dinner.

In Florence,
I just want to go to the Outlets,
and shop to my hearts content.

In Rome, I totally have nothing on my to do list... except eat gelato! (which I can also do in Florence). I couldn't find any pictures from Easter in Rome 7 years ago, but I found our pictures before and after our visit to Museo Vaticani. Can you spot the difference?

BEFORE: In the line to enter.
AFTER
We were just so tired from walking through the whole museum, I swear, there was a part where I just collapsed and crawled. Hahaha. We saw a market when we got out, and we immediately bought leather sandals and I remember ditching my boots.


After the Europe trip, we're off to the US at the end of April as most of our family on my dad's side are going on a cruise to Alaska. It will be two and a half weeks at Amazing Race pace (what else, right?) where we'll do New York, San Fo and Seattle + the cruise itself.

I can't wait to see if Alaska really looks this nice.
Tracy Arm Wilderness Fjord
Photo Credit: Alaska-In-Pictures.com


I'll probably need a few months to recover (both in body and bank account), then I'm hoping some cheap flights come our way. Hopefully to maximize the long weekend in August (where we're planning to go back to Singapore and Legoland). I also want to go to HK and Bangkok so I hope I can fit that in too.

Oh, and if anyone has any money making ideas. Please message me. I need to fund my lifestyle. Oh! And I realized I'll need to pay for Sofia's tuition fee too. That's actually the gist of my sosy problems. just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment