Saturday, March 4, 2017

Mr Avocado Singapore

I love avocados. I love it when it's in shake form (which we grew up drinking) but now that I'm older, I find it too heavy. I also love them on salads, one of my staple orders when I lived in Paris, and recently, I love them in sandwiches as well because avo toast goes so well with homemade chicken salad spread.

The only problem I have is I never know when avocados are in season in the Philippines, and where to get them. The supermarket isn't really a good indicator, because they also have avocados in stock when they are expensive and the quality isn't really good. Hahaha, though don't ask me what is expensive and what is cheap because I honestly have no idea.

Anyway, if you love Avocado drinks. There's this place in Singapore that a friend told me about that is popular for serving Avocado juices and shakes. They have other fruits too, but people line up for the avo. They are open the whole year round so I guess they don't have a problem sourcing it.

Mr Avocado is found in the hawker center near the hotel we stay in when we travel for work, and very near our favorite place for Salted Egg Prawn, KEK which you can read about here, and IKEA Alexandra. Despite being very full from lunch the last time we were there, my curiosity won so we checked it out. 


The place is quite popular, so be ready to wait in line with other avo aficionados to get your fix.

What I like about it is that you can order Avo juice. It's much lighter than the shake I grew up drinking, but you can expect it to still be quite substatial. I think another plus is that you can get it for a steal at this foodcourt, vs what they'd charge you if you order it from a smoothie place at the mall.

It's definitely good enough to make me want to come back for my avo fix whenever I'm in Singapore - which is twice this month. Hello Mr Avocado, here I come!  just saying.


Mr Avocado Exotic Juice
120 Bukit Merah Lane 1, 
#01-19, Singapore 150120

No comments:

Post a Comment