Saturday, January 27, 2018

Lyon Revisited with the fambam

My second favorite place in France, next to Paris of course, is Lyon, the country's gastronomical capital. Ady and I really enjoyed our first visit to Lyon, which you can read about here, so we convinced the family that it was a good idea to go.

We arrived super hungry, and it was surprisingly
difficult to find an open cafe on a Sunday.

I managed to buy some gauffres (waffles) and this pastry, which he snacked
on with free coffee from our serviced apartment (Citadines).




The location of our hotel was wonderful, and we could walk everywhere (though we didn't attempt to climb up to Vieux Lyon this time around).





The best part of Lyon, are the bouchons!!!
Best French Comfort Food ever... for a steal!!!!
We brought Timmy and Reen to our favorite bouchon, Aux Trois Cochons.


I've been craving for Poached Egg in Red Wine Soup since I tried in it Lyon, but they never make it as good elsewhere.

Our favorite Goat Cheese or Chevre Salad.

I might have attempted to eat healthier with a Lyonaise Salad, but it comes with a generous serving of bacon , cheese and poached egg.

For our mains, the Garlic Butter Chicken was to die for, sauce palang ulam na. It comes with a side of potatoes too.

Sof loved the chicken with white sauce because it reminds her of her favorite dish at home.


My favorite fat brother fighting food coma.




The next day I just walked to Paul and the supermarche for some petit dejeuner (breakfast).


Then we walked around the city, making our way to Les Halles de Lyon Paul Bocuse because we didn't know LES HALLES IS CLOSED ON MONDAYS! 





We ended up eating at another bouchon, to be covered in a separate post. Then I walked with Fi to the old part of town.















I think our whole foodie family enjoyed Lyon, but the next time we come back, it will definitely not be on a Monday. just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment