Friday, January 12, 2018

Paris Revisited Winter 2017

When we did an impulse Eastern Europe trip this Winter, I said I needed to pass Paris before flying home to close my bank account since HSBC has been giving me a hard time. I didn't expect our Prague, Vienna and Budapest legs to be so much fun... and so inexpensive too, that my trip budget was virtually untouched when we arrived in Paris, which sort of gave me license to go all out and shop.

Jem, Ady and I were in Paris for 2 nights (Jem stayed longer with Ivan). We stayed in this nice boutique hotel in the Saint Michel area which was excellently located, plus they had a lift too!

Their lift fits 3... but it was quite a tight squeeze with
luggage.
Since we arrived late in the afternoon, and we only had one full day, we decided to make a go of it, and run directly to the outlet.

Hello, La Vallee Village (with a strict 30 minute stopover at Primark to get all of Fi's bilin). I think we arrived 1-2 hours before closing, but we managed to make good use of what little time we had.




We bought so much and had such a long travelling day (we flew in via Beauvais Airport!) that we just simply collapsed in the comfy couches in the mall as soon as all the stores closed.

You can see us in the ceiling reflection.

We treated ourselves to comfort food for dinner in none other than Leon de Bruxelles.



The restaurant was probably only a 10-minute walk to our hotel... but we really didn't have any more energy to walk. It was really worth it though, because we filled the cab with all our shopping bags.


And the lift too!!! Again!!!

Our hotel was very cute, but you need to borrow a water
kettle.
and you should go in Winter, so you can use the
window sill as your fridge.



La Bagagerie is walking distance, so I bought my set of Rimowa luggage, and I just pulled it home. With a stop for some Pain Au Chocolat.

Hooray for luggage that matches my scarf.
We also went to the Rimowa flagship store so Ady could also buy luggage. 

This was the prettiest store on
Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.

Our favorite Hema Store is now also in Chatelet (inside the Metro Station).

Over-all it was really a great shopping trip (which I
haven't had in ages!) My Valentino Haul not in photos.

Food-wise, we also tried several great places, from Tim's favorite Cheap Eats Category on TripAdvisor that they deserve their own post.

 Culture Crêpes in Saint Michel

Bistro Des Augustins for winner Gratin, with a view of
the river and Notre Dame.

Then we capped of the meal with dessert from
Factory & Co.


Their Key Lime Pie is so yummy... and it's light. Just like air. Hahaha.

We still had a full lift when we left... minus Jem and
her things.

At the hotel courtyard.

At the hotel walkway.
I think I now prefer Paris in the winter over spring. So the question is, do I go back in a few weeks, while it is still Winter? or do I wait till December? I am still using bank errands as my excuse (thanks to HSBC's inefficiency). just saying.

Hotel Excelsior Latin 
20 Rue Cujas, 
75005 Paris, France

Culture Crêpes
26 Rue Saint-André des Arts, 
75006 Paris, France

Bistro des Augustins
39 Quai des Grands Augustins, 
75006 Paris, France

No comments:

Post a Comment