Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Homemade Ensaymada on Christmas Morning

We always have homemade ensaymadas on Christmas morning. My mom, overwhelmed with last minute Christmas errands this year was sort of trying to delay making ensaymadas until after Christmas but I managed to persuade her that not having ensaymada for Christmas morning was just unacceptable.

It's a good thing she has a mini-me when it comes to baking who is always willing to help her out.

Sofia is like a true artist.
She insists on making her mark and using her creativity.
So the ube ensaymadas she made had smiley filling.
She can roll it by herself.
Because she was too impatient to wait for someone to
help her, she discovered her own style of coiling them.
Sofia style ensaymada.
This is how they look fresh out of the oven.
I love it when it's freshly made with butter, sugar and cheese.
I got Sofia's half because I was too lazy to assemble mine.
She ate one and a half!!!
Our helpers put a ribbon on the ensaymadas Sofia made.
The ube ensaymada is really yummy too.
I don't think I got the smiley one.

I wish some day, Sofia opens a Patisserie in Paris :) just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment