Monday, June 17, 2013

Chateau Hestia, Tagaytay

A few months back, we went with friends to Tagaytay for lack of anything better to do. Since we are all late risers, our plan to have lunch there turned out to be a very late lunch instead. The original plan was to eat at Bawai, a house in Tagaytay where they serve Vietnamese food that my friends have tried before and were raving about. Unfortunately, Bawai is only open until 2pm so we had to eat a Chateau Hestia instead, it's a neighboring Swiss Restaurant and Deli in a garden setting similar to that of Sonya's Garden but I think on a smaller scale.

We were super duper starving when we arrived.

I was immediately attracted to the Ruben Sandwich (Php285)
on the menu, so that was what I ordered. 
Sadly, my sandwich looked nothing like the picture, and tasted even worse. It was predominantly bread, not beef, and there was an overwhelming taste of cheap mayo (the sweet blend). The little corned beef slivers in my sandwich were also tough and overcooked. Or my standards may be very high because I can't help but compare them to Old Swiss Inn. Even the sauerkraut was mild in taste. 

I ordered the Mushroom Soup (Php145) as my starter.
Unfortunately, it was so good Sofia finished it all. Hahaha, Loser Much.
Their soups are very watery, but the Mushroom Soup I ordered and the Squash Soup Jem ordered was very flavorful. Tim was the only one unhappy with his Lobster Bisque because they took forever to serve it, and when it arrived, it wasn't as good as my Mushroom Soup that he was able to try before Sofia inhaled everything.

Sofia ordered the Carbonara Pasta (Php380) which they served
with Penne and Basil.
Sofia loved this dish too. I am not sure if it was really good, or if we just managed to starve her.

It was just funny because Tim ordered a Gorgonzola Pasta and
they looked very much a like.
Can you tell which one is which?
The server was literally smelling both dishes to figure out which one was which so they could give it to the correct person.
This was Tim's Gorgonzola Pasta (Php380), also with Penne.
Tim's date ordered the Goulash (Php495).
I liked this dish. Anything with an egg I like. Hahaha. I was tempted to order this but I wasn't in the mood for a hearty Beef Stew, and this was definitely a hearty one. I am craving for the Goulash at Old Swiss Inn, which comes in the form of a soup.

Jem ordered Chicken Geschnetzeltes (Php420).
I am not sure how good her food was, but it did not look good as the Pork Geschnetzeltes of Old Swiss Inn.
Bwahahahahaha. There seems to be a pattern here.

Ivan ordered Osso Bucco (Php590).
I think his dish was good because he had it before and he ordered it again when the Beef Stroganoff that he ordered was not available.

I guess one plus of this place is you can ask to try
their homemade liquor and they give you free shots.
Limoncello (25% alcohol) and Vin d'Orange (12.5% alcohol)
The ambiance of the place is nice.
They have a Deli right beside with a good selection of cold cuts,
cheese and wine.

Sofia really enjoyed her lunch, she definitely enjoyed it much more than I did. Chateau Hestia just managed to remind me that I really want to eat at Old Swiss Inn soon. I hope the next time we head to Tagaytay, we manage to arrive early enough to have lunch at Bawai, the Vietnamese place next door. just saying.



Chateau Hestia Garden Restaurant 
Purok 5, Brgy. Bukal, Silang, Cavite, Philippines 4118 (near Tagaytay City)
Contact us at 0929-711-32-89
or e-mail us at info@chateauhestia.com
you can visit their website for the map and more details

No comments:

Post a Comment