Monday, June 24, 2013

Pierre Herme Macarons are the Best

I have a vague memory of trying Pierre Herme macarons when I lived in Paris 7 years ago. I remember them to be good enough for me to want to try them again the last time I was there, and when I did, I knew that there is no other macaron for me. I even did a macaron face-off experiment, but La Duree is all name, but the just fall short on quality.

In Paris, it is perfectly acceptable to buy just one macaron. They even package it nicely with the leaflet. That's why French women don't get fat. You don't need to order more than you want to eat, but you also don't get forced to try new flavors. 

I was so happy to find Pierre Herme in Hong Kong because I want to validate if the best macaron in my books is the same in any country.

Their shop at IFC.
In HK, you need to buy at least a box of 7 for HK $165.

We bought a box just before going for brunch at Tim Ho Wan, but because the wait was so long, we started eating our dessert before lunch.
Choosing flavors
Everything we tried was good. Olive Oil and Vanilla,
Salted Caramel, Creme Brulee, Chocolate Passion Fruit
The Olive Oil and Vanilla one has olive bits, and has a subtle
contrast of savoury and sweet.
Pierre Herme is the best because the shells are crisp yet melt in
your mouth, and the filling is buttery and generous.

I ♥ Pierre Herme.  just saying.
You can read about Pierre Herme Paris and my macaron face off expeeiment here.


Pierre Herme
Shop 1019C IFC Mall
Hong Kong





No comments:

Post a Comment