Saturday, June 22, 2013

First Day (week) in Big School

I am sorry for the lack of posts recently. I have been jet-lagged.
Sofia has just started going to big school so we are still both adjusting to our new 'timezone'.

The first day of school was more stressful for me than for Sofia. I got her up before 6am to make it to school before 7:30am, but since it was the first day of school and we made the mistake of passing near another school where the traffic light was disregarded, we were stuck in traffic for an hour where we barely moved. I felt so bad for Sofia who willingly woke up early, yet we still arrived at 8:05am, late enough for the gates to be closed. The only good thing is a lot of kids arrived even later than we did.


The first day of kinder is the only day parents are allowed to observe their kids settle down and get used to going to a big school. Since we arrived so late, Sofia pleaded with me to stay for the whole class, which was only until 9:30am for their first week.

Teacher also arrived late.
Ninang Faith had a welcome flag for Fi.
Kids are given snacks from the canteen.
Same good old spaghetti recipe from my ICA days.
After snack time, they have play time.
Sofia and Chloe get to play with Viele,
who's now in a different class.
The kids have Chinese after the break and it's quite cool
that their teacher used to be my guidance councilor in HS.
I wonder if I can ask for a mtg to discuss my problems. Hahaha.

After that, the kids were dismissed, and I was just so glad that the first day of school stress was over. I am glad too that Sofia seems to have enjoyed her first week. 

Maybe if I just keep imagining that we live in Australia,  we can actually adjust to waking up early because we'll only be leaving the house at 9am (aussie time). just saying.


Blogger's Note: I limit the photos I post when I blog on the go with my tab. If you'd like to see more pictures, you can follow me on Instagram @coleysjustsaying

No comments:

Post a Comment