Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Many years ago, when I was just a little bit older than Sofia, my grandma used to say she'd curse my mom to have a daughter just like her, then my mom and I would both laugh and say we were totally fine with that. That's the kind of close relationship I have with my mom, so if I get the curse as well, which I think I did, I would totally be happy to have Sofia as my mini-me. Wait! She actually is my mini-me!!!

Sof and I have a Mother's Day tradition now, which we sort of just fell into through the years (or at least 3 years and counting).  We normally have lunch together, then we participate in the Fox International Channels Mother's Day Event, which has always been held at Resort's World Newport Mall. You can read about our first modeling gig here, but I think I didn't blog about it last year.

Since both Sof and I miss living in Singapore sometimes, especially for the food, we normally have lunch at Tao Yuan Restaurant, which I think serves the best Hainanese Chicken Rice in Manila.
Mother's Day Lunch 2014

This year, I was also craving for Char Kway Teow (Singaporean Stir Fried Noodles) so I think I over-ordered.
Their version of Char Kway Teow reminds me more of Ho Fan.
Give the the Chicken and Mushroom Kway Teow from Chinatown Food Street
any day. Even with Singapore's humidity!
But I must admit, their Hainanese Chicken Rice can compete against
Tian Tian in Maxwell Food Court. Yes, the Anthony Bourdain recommended one.
I think it's just plan ridiculous to run out of the sweet thick soy sauce!
Throwback to Mother's Day 2014. Clothes by Mango and Mango Kids.

Here are some scenes from today's fashion show.
Sof and Lukey in their Mango Kids Outfits,
in the "dressing room" with the cast of Peter Pan.
Aside Story: Fairy Godmother gave Lukey 1 wish, and we thought he was asking for a Magic Wand. I think she was actually thinking about giving it to him. Hahaha.

With my mini-me while waiting for the show to start.

My wonderful no make-up look for the last 2 years was done by Teresa of Ellana Mineral Make-Up. If I'm not mistaken, she's the genius behind their product development and I love their stuff. I can't wait to get her to teach me.

This year's stage was so much smaller, so we actually had the fashion show among the audience, then we were only asked to go up on stage for the finale.

We all had our own spots with crates for the kids, while waiting for our
turn to walk.
Lukey needed to be carried, but he was really into doing his Iron Man pose.
Yaya got a good picture of us walking down the "catwalk".
Can you spot us on stage?
The timing this year was very well managed, I didn't even have time to work in Starbucks, which I planned to do. It resulted in a very relaxed day, which ended with Mother's Day dinner with the family after we a quick visit to Grandma (the same one that does the I-hope-your-daughter-is-just-like-you curse), but that means more cramming for me tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and moms-to-be who are reading this! Continue to be Super! just saying.


Tao Yuan Restaurant
FNB 2,2nd Floor New Port Mall
Resorts World Manila
Newport Boulevard, Pasay City 
Metro Manila
(02) 846 9998


Ellana Mineral Cosmetics
http://ellana.com.ph/

No comments:

Post a Comment