Friday, February 19, 2016

Le Bistro du Sommelier, for a taste of France in Singapore

This time last year, I decided that my birthday treat to myself was a trip to London and Paris. This time around, I am just too busy to make any long birthday trip plans, so we will go to Europe in March instead, once Sofia's school holidays start.

Good thing, you don't need to really go all the way to France to have good French food. One of the restaurants Tim brought me to on one of my transit trips to Singapore was Le Bistro du Sommelier, or the Rilettes Bar in particular. 

Traditional French Restaurant on the ground floor, with the Wine Bar
upstairs, which is where we went, for Tim's Vacherin Mont D'Or,
which he even pre-ordered. Nice to know they are open till 11pm.
Since we were at a Rilette Bar, I had to order the Duck Rilette (SG$10.80),
only because I wasn't brave enough to try the Lapin (Rabbit).
Cheers to more business trips and good food!
Sucker for garlic butter that I am, I had to order the Escargot (SG$15),
and their version was yummy with Tomato Fondue.
Since our main order was Tim's Baked Cheese, we opted
to share an Onglet (SG$32) instead of the 600g steak.
Vacherin du Mont D'Or (SG$48)
Because Fromage makes the world go round,
and it makes everything better too!
We can't not order wine in a place called Bistro du Sommelier, so poser that 
I am, I ordered a glass of Moscato (SG$16) that I loved with the food.
And because we had to place all our orders in time to catch
the kitchen's last call, we ordered Profiteroles that we were
almost too full to eat. I love how the windows make it look
like we are just having dinner in Paris.
Profiteroles (SG$15)
The Ice Cream was my favorite part of this dish.

The place is a bit on the pricey-side, but I'd say that the experience of having a relaxing evening feeling like an escape to Paris, without the long flight and jet lag is definitely worth it. just saying. 


Le Bistro du Sommelier
53 Armenian St, 
Singapore 179940
+65 6333 1982
closed on Sundays,
reservations recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment