Saturday, February 13, 2016

Singapore Stopover squeezing in a late dinner at Pizzeria Mozza and an early brunch at the new Wild Honey too

When travelling through Singapore, my stomach and my brain communicate on their own, and all I'm left with is food cravings my one-track-mind won't let me forget. Hahaha.

On one such trip, my stomach told my brain we wanted Pizzeria Mozza for dinner. It didn't matter that we arrived quite late, or that we were staying at Crowne Plaza in Changi Airport, Pizzeria Mozza it was. Good thing, one of my best friends in Singapore, also known as the slave who recently got promoted to secretary, very willingly makes our restaurant reservations, and changes them too when we're running late. Hahaha.

Pizzeria Mozza is not crowded when you have dinner past 9:00pm. Hahaha.

The usual pizza is good, but the chicken liver bruschetta still is my favorite.
Chicken Liver and Bacon. How can you go wrong?
I think Tim chose arugula and pomegranate salad with anchovies, which was
good, save for the anchovies I didn't touch.
Dessert was all my favorite macarons from TWG. Yummy.
I still think their Singapore branches still make the best ones.

It was Shahanie's first time in Singapore (in a long while) so we took her for a walk around the new developments.
But we didn't realize it was quite late so even the
Helix Bridge started shutting off their lights.
Singapore's Skyline developed around the same time as the years we lived there.
The skyline used to be much nicer when the buildings were all lit up.

We walked all the way to Makansutra by the Bay, but they didn't have any Bobo Chacha for dessert.
Sha got a day off photo instead.

The next day we squeezed in an early brunch before flying back home. We asked Tim to make a reservation for us at Wild Honey in Mandarin Gallery. I remember brunching there before but I wasn't too impressed, but it worked time-wise for this trip so I was willing to give it a try.
Wild Honey moved from it's original location in Mandarin Gallery to this
new place.
It seems to be brighter, yet cosier in terms of ambiance.
Clearly, ordering breakfast is a serious thing for us. 
Coffee and Hot Chocolate
I think we ordered a Croque Madame (or something similar) and some
Tunisian Egg Dish or something like that. Sorry, it is a late post.
I thought this was good, but a bit boring if you need to eat it by yourself.
It works if you order it to share.
The Ham and Cheese Stuffed French Toast with Eggs were good.
Now, this is definitely a much more memorable brunch experience than
the first time around.

That was a good Singapore Stopover layover, thanks to my cravings. Though take note that if you travel to the city twice, while you are staying at Changi Airport, you are liable to spend close to SG$100 on cab/uber fare like we did, so I don't really recommend it. just saying.


Pizzeria Mozza
2 Bayfront Avenue, 
#B1-42/46 The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, 
Singapore 018972
(reservations recommended)

Wild Honey
333A Orchard Rd, 
#03-01/02 Mandarin Gallery, 
Singapore 238897
(reservations recommended)

No comments:

Post a Comment