Wednesday, February 11, 2015

WeCab How to share a Cab in Paris without risk of getting Taken

The first time I traveled to Paris on holiday alone (well, to meet a friend who lived there), I took a cab, and I almost fainted at how expensive it was! 65 or so, and if I'm not mistaken, it was around Php65 to Php70 to a Euro then.

When I watched Taken (the first movie), I could totally understand why a girl in a cab queue would totally be willing to share a cab with a harmless looking cute guy flirting with her (not that I would), but I would also be tempted.

Since then, I've gotten smart, especially since I didn't want to keep on taking cabs when I lived in Paris since I was flying to London or somewhere else almost every other weekend. 

The easiest way to get from Aeroport de Charles de Gaulle is to take the Air France Shuttle to certain points in the city, or to take the Roissy Bus to Opera, then walk or cab from there to your final destination. It's quite a hassle to do it though when you have a lot of luggage, and a kid, or when it's early in the morning.

It's a good thing, the last time I was in Paris, I discovered WeCab, it's run by G7 Taxis - the largest taxi company when I lived in Paris, so that's legit enough for me.

You just need to visit their website: http://www.wecab.com/en Don't worry it's in English.



Then input your details - number of passengers, luggage, either arrival time and destination, or pick up location and desired arrival time at the airport, and it will give you a quote for both a shared taxi or a private one (at a much discounted rate vs flagging a cab or calling for one).

I was so impressed. I used it for my pick-up to the airport when I left Paris in April and I think I only paid 20+!
All I had to do was wait by the front door at the appointed
time.

WeCab makes it so much easier for me to visit Paris every year. Or for guests to visit me, when I finally live there. just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment