Sunday, July 26, 2015

Jem's Bachelorette in Bangkok

My best friend Jem is getting married soon, and while we see each other much less AS (After Sofia), AI (After Ivan), and ATmtS (After Tim moved to Singapore), we still remain to be a tight trio, getting each other into trouble... or out of it, in whatever country we find ourselves in. Hahaha.

Since we've traveled together much less after all the acronyms I created above, we decided to plan a trip, with just the three of us one last time before Jem's big day. We originally planned to meet Tim in Bangkok, but with my changing roles and all that, I ended up with a meeting in Singapore, so I flew to Bangkok directly which gave me time to set up the place before Jem and Tim arrived.


I prepared all our favorite Thai snacks, and eco-tote bags from Ikea for our shopping.


We prepared wine, bridal shower flowers, and the magic box for Jem's shower.
The set-up was supposed to include a handmade paper flower bouquet, but
I was rushing too much to catch my early flight to Singapore, I left it at home.
Good thing the hotel room came with orchids that I just decorated with
lace garter headbands.
The labels on our pillow includes the Maid of Honor and Slave of Honor.

Jem knew it was our last trip together, but I don't think she realized we'd pack it with Bridal Shower activities. Good thing my new camera unwittingly took a video of our still pictures. Hahaha.


Welcome to your Bangkok Bridal Shower Jem!!!

To welcome Jem, we prepared #Taken PJs for her in the magic box,
which we told her she needed to return. Hahaha.

For the first day task, she was given a bride top (which I hand-sewn myself),
and we just told her to be ready by noon.
We woke up earlier than expected, so we were able to grab some breakfast
from The Canary Cafe, which you can read about here.
Another possible alternative for breakfast is this place, also across the
street, if you fins yourself up before 10:00am.

Since we had time to spare after brunch, we were able to relax by the pool.

Ready to leave for our first task.
This bride had no clue where we were taking her. Hahaha.
Our first day activity was learning how to cook Thai food at Silom Thai
 Cooking School, with a market tour included. More details in a separate post.
Let's just say, most of the things we cooked were delicious, but the Tom Yum could be better... but clearly we were too busy taking photos. But it was definitely a great experience. Hahaha.

The Day 2 Task Cards said it was a free day for shopping, with a
Bye Bye Condoms dinner planned for the night.
Since we love making everything into a game, Jem gave us a Chatuchak
Shopping Challenge! We all had to buy something for Jem and Ivan's
new house, spending only 100 Baht!
Chatuchak was so chaotic, I just got reminded why I never go anymore.
We were so hungry, we bought buttered bread on sticks and it was so good.
When we finally found the eateries, we chose one where there were a lot
of locals (and the prices were a fraction of the tourist trap ones). 
Hello Carbs overload, memories of SR Thai, with a side order of
Minced Pork and Basil. (Sobrang Rice Thai from our University days)
After lunch we immediately bought our entries,
so we could get out of the chaos known as chatuchak market.
And the winner is... my pillow cases!!! Hooray. We nagged Ivan to judge.
Jem bought 6 metallic coasters, but only entered 4 because they were 20baht
each, and Tim just grabbed a set of wind chimes because we all wanted to
go home already.
For dinner, we took Jem to Cabbages and Condoms, one of the restaurants
we used to visit (before I started blogging- so I will blog about this soon). 

Jem kept wanting to go for a massage, and we just kept ignoring her...
Because our third day task was to get pampered! 
We got the works done at Su Esthetic Home Spa and we were very happy
with the cozy place and the service. More on this soon.
It was a very wholesome bachelorette for Jem, but since this is Bangkok,
I just has to post some of the things we've seen, like what is allowed and not
 in cabs, plus it's only in Bangkok that sex toys are sold on the sidewalk!
That was just part 1... can't wait to see what we come up with for Jem's Bachelorette in Manila with the rest of her friends and family. I'm sure it will be equally entertaining. just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment