Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Discovered Canary Cafe (and Good Day Hostel) a nice place to chill in busy Pratunam

When we went to Bangkok for a weekend last January (you can read about that trip here), one of the things I was looking for in the Pratunam Area, was a cozy cafe where I could have a good cup of coffee, in a nice environment and just relax.

I tried surfing the internet to find a place, but a lot of the famous cafes in Bangkok are not really in the wholesale shopping area. I actually gave up and just went shopping (again!) instead. It was only on my way back to the hotel, The Centre Point Hotel in Pratunam, from the back side street did I notice that there was actually a cozy cafe, exactly what I was looking for just across the street!

The Canary Cafe is right across The Centre Point Hotel's main entrance on
Petchburi Soi 15.

It's as cozy inside as it looks from the outside. 
I even checked out the menu, because we normally get the Hotel Rate with
no breakfast, so this is definitely a good alternative.

I actually finished all my Baht (It was our last day!!!) and I forced myself to go shopping again, so I had to go back to the hotel and get some money from my mom so I could afford to order coffee.
I brought Sofia and Auntie Celita with me to try it out.
Sofia spent the time writing notes to go with her pasalubong.
I ordered an Americano, which passed my good coffee test,
so I took it black. They even serve it with a cookie.
I think I ordered a Ham and Cheese crepe meal Baht125 (coffee included)
to try out their breakfast, and it was pretty good.
Though with my new crepe maker, I can now claim to make better ones.
Canary Cafe is actually part of the Good Day Hostel.
We met one of the owners, Jane, who was so hands on, she was the one who
prepared our crepe and coffee. She was telling us about the hostel which opened
only a few months ago.
If you're into backpacking, meeting new people, or travelling
on a budget, the Good Day Hostel is a great place for you.

Rates start at Baht 450 per person for a mixed room with 8 beds. You'll be provided your own locker, clothes and towel rack, but bathrooms are all shared. They also have rooms with 6, 4 and 2 beds. Perhaps, if you're travelling in a group, you can check ahead to reserve a room for yourselves. 

There are a lot of advantages to staying at Good Day Hostel, location is really great, the owners are hands on and friendly, plus - they have good coffee at Canary Cafe, so it's definitely worth checking out if you're travelling on a budget. just saying.


Good Day Hostel in Pratunam

No comments:

Post a Comment