Thursday, November 3, 2016

Myanmar Revisited, Still so much to see and buy in Yangon

I got a chance to visit Yangon again for a second time this year for work when we were asked to run a workshop. I really enjoy visiting there because the place is such a mixture of old school on the brink of rapid urbanisation. It's quaint, yet you get to enjoy the comforts of the modern world, and the food and the shopping is to die for. You can read my previous posts on Myanmar here.

I've only been to Yangon, but there is already so much to see, and so many things to buy. Hahaha. Here are some of the highlights of my recent trip:

Where we work
I love visiting our training center, aptly called The Lake House.


What to Buy for presents or pasalubong:
Cashew Brittle. Yummy and not too sweet.
Dried Marian (local plum) and Potato Chips Generously Sprinkled with Chili
Seriously. Look at all those Chili Seeds.
Lacquer Purse... and Gems (bought from my previous trip)
Set in 14k gold in Manila, design: JewellerybyColey
Here are some design inspirations for my future rings.
For high end presents, buy a real Jade Teapot. So real, it cools your tea
faster than a normal teapot does. Hahaha. Seriously.

Where to Eat
Yangon surprisingly has really good Chinese Restaurants. More on a separate post.


We had really good Chinese Food from Golder Crab! It's where the locals eat.
And surprisingly, one of the best Xiao Long Baos that I've tried too,
from Xi Yang Yang. They can give Din Tai Fung a run for their money.

If Manila has Santi's, Yangon has Sharky's. Not just a deli, it has a full service restaurant too. More on a separate post.


We capped off our visit with dessert and a lovely view Yangon skyline at Penthouse.

I missed the Thadingyut or Lantern Festival but I was able to catch the lanterns at the Shwedagon Pagoda.

Thank you so much Rec, Jo and especially Angge for hosting us in your house :)

Yongonisa Filipino Breakfast Included! 
Anna and I had a blast!!! Mukha na nga kaming locals.

Can't wait to go back. Next time I will plan to see more than Yangon. just saying.


Bogyoke Market
Bogyoke Aung San Rd, 

Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Wow! It's been open since 1926!

Golden Crab Restaurant
Pyay Rd, Yangon, 
Myanmar (Burma)

Xi Yang Yang Xiao Long Bao
Nyaung Tone St, 
Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)

Sharky's Yangon
Dhammazedi Road, Yangon, 
Myanmar (Burma)

No comments:

Post a Comment