Sunday, April 28, 2013

Eric Kayser, we meet again in Manhattan!

Our first day in New York was totally a foodie day. We had the orgasmic (according to When Harry met Sally) Patrami on Rye from Katz's  Delicatessen for lunch, the Shack Stack from Shake Shack for dinner and on the way home we passed by Maison Kayser for their artisanal baguette for breakfast tomorrow. I was so excited to visit Maison Kayser here so I bought other stuff as well.

Lunch at Katz's
Early dinner at Shake Shack

Over-indulging today didn't stop us in planning tomorrow's meals.
I was so happy to see Kayser!
The store had the same look and feel as his stores in Paris.
The artisanal baguette here is called Baguette Monge.
I am guessing inspired by his rue monge branches.
Sofia and Ady wanted pain au chocolat but there was none,
So I ordered the pastry with chocolate chips instead.
I couldn't resist ordering the lemon meringue tart.
It tastes just like the pie we bought from rue monge!
The filling was rich and creamy and not too tart.

I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow. I can already imagine the chewy baguette going really well with the liverwurst we had this morning. just saying.


Maison Kayser
1294 3rd Avenue
New York
Open 7am to 11pm


You can read about Eric Kayser in Paris here.




No comments:

Post a Comment