Sunday, April 21, 2013

Glorietta Food Truck Market at Cusina Andare

Last week, my best friend invited me to try Bikram Yoga because she's a believer who goes almost everyday and she was given a free visit coupon for her birthday that she didn't need because she was already on a package. My sucker-for-a-sale(or a freebie) side was in conflict with my I-hate-putting-myself-through-any-form-of-torture self. The clincher that got me to agree was my best friend said we could have dinner at the Food Truck Market at the Glorietta Park after yoga. I've read about Cucina Andare before and I wanted to try it out, so the license to pig-out if I survived Bikram sealed the deal.

I woke up on Friday with a headache, so the first thing I did was I asked Jem if I could still do Bikram if my headache didn't go away. I think it's my body's way of keeping my options open. Fortunately, my headache disappeared so I was able to go to class. I was praying that I would be the only newbie there, so it didn't matter if I was judged because I was new, but it turned out there was a handful of us. This is stressful for me because my competitiveness would not let allow me to be the lamest newbie (I admit, I am weird!). It helped when our instructor told us that our goal as first timers was to make it through the whole class without leaving the room. He told us that if we started feeling faint, we should just stand or sit still, then rejoin the class when we felt better. The first hour actually went quite well. We saved good spots near the window so there was some ventilation when the windows were opened. It also helped that a couple of the newbies were already sitting through some of the poses (yay! no more pressure for me!). The last thirty minutes when we did the lying exercises was the most difficult because I think there was a psychological effect when the windows were closed. I felt faint when I attempted to exert even the tiniest bit of effort so I focused my attention on just lying still. Over-all, I think it was easier than I imagined, but that was due to the fact that I took the easy way out. It was a bit embarrassing when I was chatting with the instructor after the class and he asked how it went, and I said ok, but when he asked if I'll be back, I said I didn't think so. Hahaha. It takes too much effort to leave work at five, to be in Makati in time to torture my self. 

The great thing about Friday is after all that torture, dinner was really great! Everything we ordered was reasonably priced, and everything tasted really good. Just a caveat, we had dinner at 9pm so I'm not really sure if the food was that great, or if our judgement was clouded by hunger.

Our Favorite Food Truck was the Hungry Rover.
It's the first one you'll see if you're coming from Glorietta or Landmark.
It's also the only food truck with inside seating.
We ordered the Pork Liempo Surprice Platter
and the Angus Tapa Tortilla Salad.
They were nice enough to allow us
to buy food from other places too.
There are tables in front of the food trucks.
There were also Japanese, Filipino, and Gelato Food Trucks.
At the center of the market, there was a covered area with food stalls similar to Mercato.
Ping Gu Mushroom Fries
Oyster Mushrooms...
transform into awesome goodness once they're deep fried.
Single Serving Php79
There was also a Crunchy (pork) Belly stall.
Ooooh, yummy deep fried pork belly.
It was even better with rice.
My other favorite food stall was Juana Bowl, the one serving steak.
The smell of cooking steak was enough to make my mouth water.
One order was only Php190 but the steak was thick enough.
You didn't feel like you were eating cheap steak.
The challenge is eating it with plastic cutlery.
We had the steak chopped to make it easier
because I was so tempted to just bite into it. Hahaha.
There were more Food Trucks parked on the other end of the market.
I was so sure Sofia would want to buy from the
Potato Corner truck.
There was also a truck serving what looked like hot pot to go,
and an Amazing Cones truck.
On our way back, we passed a table with mussel shells and we asked them where they got it. They were nice enough to go with us to show us which stall they bought it from.
We found a stand selling Moules Frites and Poutine, Jem's favorite!
I think the stand was called Croq N Fries.
I was also intrigued by Macheesemo Burgers,
but we already ordered too much.
The huge burger patties with cheese in the middle looks deadly.
Our food was already ready when we got back to the Hungry Rover where we left Sofia and her nanny to save our table.
Sofia with my schlurp Assam Milk Tea with Tea Jelly.
Php60 only
Our Angus Tapa Tortilla Salad (Php190) also tasted good.
The topping was generous enough.
I even added the Tortilla from the rice dish to finish it.
The managed to level-up their version of Pork Liempo (Php150).
The chili rice that was not to spicy and the drizzled mayo really
complemented each other.
Ninang Jem and Sofia inside the coaster.
The Croq N Fries lady was so nice, she even went with Jem to the Hungry Rover to carry our food because it was hot.
You can never go wrong with Fries, Gravy and Cheese.
Poutine (Php125) 
While still not at par with Leon's. The moules frites was still damn good.
We ordered the cream with white wine and it was very tasty.
This was only Php165 (that's just around 3 euros!). 
Because it was Tim's birthday,
we had to celebrate with a matter of pride cake (and artisan ice cream)!
We asked my brother to stand in for the birthday picture
since they share the same name.
Timmy joined us late so he got more food for us to share.
This Squid, Shrimp, Fish and Chicken Platter with Thick Cut Fries
was only Php200.
He also ordered buffalo wings but I was too full to try it.
Yoga Friends.
After Timmy ate, we did a last round around the market to see if there was anything else we wanted to try (for next time).
This was the Merry Moo stand.
The Sea Salt Caramel was really good, but next time I want to try
Candied Bacon.
Cucina Andare also has some live music.

The good thing about going to Cucina Andare after Bikram is no matter how hot and humid it was, it was still a little bit cooler than the class. I am just not sure I will want to go back while it's still summer, because without Bikram before going, it's just plain hot. just saying.


Cucina Andare
The First Food Truck Market in the Philippines
Glorietta 3 Park, in front of Glorietta, Makati Shangri-La and Landmark
Open Friday to Sunday, 4pm-3am

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention, Coley! :) We're posting your blog on our facebook page and twitter account. (Please follow us if you haven't yet.) Hope you come back and try some of our other meals! :) - The Hungry Rover Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels great to know you enjoyed your Hungry Rover experience :) I think I was with a couple of my partners when you ate there; I remember that cute girl who wanted to sit on her nanny's lap when you went around Cucina Andare :) Hope to see you again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. s. I was praying that I would be the only newbie there. Food Truck Catering

    ReplyDelete