Friday, May 24, 2013

Death by Lechon

I don't travel for work now as much as I used to, and the few flights I need to take bring me to local destinations.  But this last trip I'm on has really been made the foodie in me very happy.

If you haven't guessed from the title of my post, I am in Cebu (currently waiting to board), and I am in foodie heaven because I've been eating various forms of Cebu lechon non-stop since I arrived yesterday.

Lunch was at Zubuchon, where I tried their more refined take
on Cebu lechon. I think it tasted more lemony.
The lechon was really good with their Kamias Shake because it serves as a palate cleanser leaving the false impression that you manage to cleanse the fat as well. Hahaha.

Their Silvanas come well recommended so I also had to try them.
One order includes both the classic and chocolate flavors.
Both were good.

For lunch today, I was able to try the new fad, what they call lechon belly.

Made from the prime part of the pig, the mean was really
tender, though it was hard to distinguish the fat,
so you have no choice but to let it melt in your mouth.

Now, you may say how can 2 lechon meals in 2 days cause death? Exaggg much. But it doesn't end there.

This little piggy, filled with chillies in the belly,
is coming home with me.

Boarding now. I can't wait to get home and feast on our little piggy. Death by lechon indeed. I hope the skin is still crispy when we have it. Just saying.




No comments:

Post a Comment